Anythink Support Services
Job title: Creative Lead - Writer/Editor (part marketing sage, part storyteller, part digital pro)
Business Unit: Innovations and Brand Strategy Department
Hiring Range: $47,484 - $54,612 DOE
Job Class: Full-time; exempt; benefited
**This is an on-site position. No remote or work from home.**
You are a storyteller, helping the organization to share its vision both internally and externally in a variety of formats. You work closely as part of the Innovations team to develop effective, creative communications and implement brand strategies. Through words, you infuse the spirit of Anythink in our print and online environments and promotions. You love technology and learning about emerging communications trends - almost as much as you love grammar.
Ready to join in a bold opportunity to help us take community library services to an entirely new dynamic realm?
Who you are:
- You are an innovative problem-solver.
- You are a versatile writer - whipping together a press release, advertising copy or online content with ease.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You have strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- You are full of creative sparks; you love sharing and shaping a good idea.
- You are endlessly curious; you ask questions - big and small - to better understand the world around you.
- You are a deadline-driven multi-tasker, ensuring your projects are accurate and timely.
- You take the initiative, working independently or with others.
- You value technology as a tool, staying on top of new digital trends.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
- You write district media and promotional materials, infusing all pieces with the Anythink voice.
- You are an editor extraordinaire, providing the guidance and attention to detail needed to turn any first draft into a final piece.
- You are a multifaceted storyteller, pairing the right medium with the appropriate audience and content - from blog posts and articles to videos and podcasts.
- You are a grammar guru; you edit quickly and efficiently, using AP Style as your guide.
- You are a social media maven, following trends and communicating stories across a variety of platforms.
- Your warm, friendly demeanor is perfect as backup media contact or innovations representative in the branches.
- You are a wizard of the virtual world, blending tech knowledge with content, harnessing the Anythink voice to effectively contribute to Anythink's online presence.
- You are media savvy, with a keen eye for finding opportunities to pitch local and national outlets.
- You help keep Anythinkers connected by regularly communicating news and other updates through our internal channels.
- You are a genius at managing details, including media lists and promotional requests.
- You are a champion of the Anythink brand guidelines as it applies to all communications.
- You assist with district-wide campaigns, utilizing your love of language and marketing insight to effectively share our story.
- You navigate online environments with ease, whether you're sending out eblasts, newsletters through our Wise platform, or adding content to the Anythink site and utilize good design concepts as needed.
- Your welcoming nature and creative ideas help to ensure special events capture the spirit of Anythink.
- You love our products. You are a voracious reader, listen to a diverse range of music, and love a good movie.
- You understand that when the pressure is on, we all work together; you enjoy being part of the team to make it happen.
- You collaborate with other departments and branches to support their communications needs.
- You have great ideas to share on district committees and enjoy taking a leadership role.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
- You have 3+ years of marketing/communications experience.
- You have a bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Communications, Journalism or related subject.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively, adapt flexibly to changing priorities, and meet deadlines with a high-speed environment.
- You are digital and tech savvy. You have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, social media and expert searching capabilities for online tools. CMS experience preferred.
- AP Style knowledge required; journalism experience preferred.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
Additional Info & Requirements
Your job will involve your being “on the move” in our libraries: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
REMEMBER TO APPLY BY THE POSTING DEADLINE.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for this posting.
We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and each other
Passion for our product
Eagerness to learn
Everyone is creative
Optimistic attitude – we believe that anything is possible
A job with Anythink Libraries is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in helping our customers have fun, whether they’re sitting by the fireplace with a newspaper, surfing the Internet, gaming in the teen room or learning something new at one of our many intriguing and entertaining programs. As you help and inspire others, you will also be inspired. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.
External Job Ad
Human Resources / Job Listings
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit our Job Center on our website at www.anythinklibraries.org and apply online.