Anythink Support Services
Job title: Creative Lead - Designer (part design pro, part tech wiz, part brand advocate)
Business Unit: Innovations and Brand Strategy Department
Hiring Range: $47,484-$54,612 DOE
Job Class: Full-time; exempt; benefitted
**This is on on-site position. No remote or at home work.**
You are the ultimate brand ambassador, using Anythink's brand guidelines to design materials in all formats and platforms. You understand marketing concepts and good design principles - what audiences respond to and what leaves them wanting more. You are tech savvy, tapping into emerging technologies and tools with a firm understanding of how design is influenced by our changing world.
Ready to join in a bold opportunity to help us take community library services to an entirely new dynamic?
Who you are:
- You have an eye for design - in print or online.
- You work quickly and efficiently, with exceptional attention to detail.
- You understand the impact of a clean, consistent style.
- You are a deadline-driven multi-tasker, ensuring projects are accurate and timely.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You take the initiative, working independently or with others.
- You value technology as a tool, staying on top of new technology trends.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
- You assist in the design of Anythink's promotional materials, including brochures, bookmarks, fliers, signage, ads and newsletters. You easily shift gears between print and product/web design.
- You understand how to be creative within existing brand guidelines to reinforce Anythink's look and feel.
- You are a wizard at assisting staff with their graphic needs - whether it's tweaking a presentation or helping to format new materials.
- You understand the elements of good design, with a strong emphasis on web design concepts.
- You inspire good composition in others through development of easy-to-use templates and tools.
- You are a genius at communicating Anythink's voice through its visual materials.
- You are a champion of Anythink's brand guidelines as it applies to all communications.
- You are an explorer of new technologies, using new applications and techniques to further the Anythink message.
- You assist with district-wide campaigns, utilizing your love of design and marketing savvy to effectively share our story.
- You can apply your creative eye and passion for design to transforming spaces and designing exhibit-quality experiences.
- You love our products. You are a voracious reader, listen to a diverse range of music, and love a good movie.
- You understand that when the pressure is on, we all work together; you enjoy being part of the team to make it happen.
- You collaborate with other departments and branches to support their communications needs.
- You have great ideas to share on district committees and enjoy taking a leadership role.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
- You have 3+ years of graphic design experience.
- You have a bachelor's degree, preferably in Graphic Design or related subject.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines in a high-speed environment.
- You are tech savvy. You have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office products. Experience designing for the web preferred.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
Additional Info & Requirements
Your job will involve your being “on the move” in our libraries: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
REMEMBER TO APPLY BY THE POSTING DEADLINE.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for this posting.
We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and each other
Passion for our product
Eagerness to learn
Everyone is creative
Optimistic attitude – we believe that anything is possible
A job with Anythink Libraries is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in helping our customers have fun, whether they’re sitting by the fireplace with a newspaper, surfing the Internet, gaming in the teen room or learning something new at one of our many intriguing and entertaining programs. As you help and inspire others, you will also be inspired. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.
External Job Ad
Human Resources / Job Listings
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit our Job Center on our website at www.anythinklibraries.org and apply online.