This position is in support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The Librarian will provide administration support to NOAA's library and library team.
- Leading library customer outreach and marketing in collaboration with the library team. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Developing an annual outreach plan and calendar
- Coordinating all library outreach, marketing, and training activities
- Ensuring relevant webpages on the library website remain up to date
- Writing or editing weekly news items and monthly newsletters
- Organizing library events
- Creating graphics and marketing materials
- Developing methods for the library team to engage customers and gain library advocates
- Devising, coordinating, and conducting customer education/training in the form of written instructions, video tutorials, live and virtual seminars, one-on-one education, and other formats
- Providing best practices in customer education/training to library team members
- Supporting library public services including general reference and research support, as well as interlibrary loan backup, to meet the information needs of scientific, research and administrative staff
- Performing bibliometric and citation data analysis for agency divisions and labs to help them identify research strengths, benchmark performance, inform research strategy development, locate potential collaborators, prioritize publications to read, and demonstrate academic impact.
- Serving as library liaison for specific labs within National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) to facilitate communication, outreach, and provision of information services
- Keeping up-to-date with research conducted in specific labs, and ensuring library collections and services remain relevant to agency research needs
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Master of Library Science from an American Library Association accredited program
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust
- At least 3 years of subject matter experience
- Familiarity with outreach to a variety of audiences (e.g., researchers and administration), utilizing marketing practices and tools such as Constant Contact, and Adobe Suite tools or equivalent
- Expertise with programs for online seminars such as GoToWebinar, video tutorials such as Camtasia, and video conferencing such as Google Meet
- Expertise searching bibliographic databases such as Web of Science, Google Scholar, or WorldCat Discovery and navigating academic reference questions
- Familiarity with Interlibrary loan procedures
- Familiarity with citation management tools such as EndNote and Zotero
- Familiarity with data management and analysis tools such as Excel and data visualization tools such as Tableau
Work Setting and Environment:
- Monday - Friday, normal business hours
- Work is to be performed at NOAA's facilities in Boulder, CO
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
How FedWriters Will Compensate and Appreciate You:
FedWriters provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401(k) program; generous Paid Time Off (PTO); STD; LTD; life insurance; and more!
FedWriters abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
FedWriters is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with FedWriters and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (703) 872-7848. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. FedWriters is a federal contractor seeking veteran referrals.
External Job Ad