The City of Westminster is seeking a compassionate and collaborative librarian who loves working with all ages, with a specific focus on adults! The Adult Services Librarian position is responsible for providing reference and readers’ advisory to all ages, creating, and delivering community-focused programming, and facilitating outreach efforts and library services in the College Hill community.
The Adult Services Librarian regularly works the reference desks, provides outstanding customer service, answers an array of technology and reference questions, and creates engaging displays to highlight the library’s collection. This position is also responsible for collection maintenance and supervision of associates.
The ideal candidate for this role has a heart for public service, champion’s teamwork, and values equity and empathy in a community-focused setting. Someone with progressive programming ideas, passion for Adult services, tech savviness, and patience with adults will thrive in this environment.
The Adult Services Librarian is a supervisory position, and reports to the Library Branch Coordinator. College Hill Library will be home base, but collaborative programming and desk shifts at Irving Street are also expected.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
The full salary range for this position is stated above. The starting range of pay is dependent on qualifications and experience of each individual candidate. The City of Westminster offers a bonus of up to $1,500 per year depending on the employee’s fluency in Spanish, Hmong, Laotian or American Sign Language (ASL).
Additional Info & Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited, four-year college
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program by December 31, 2023. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and skills, may be considered.
- Previous experience providing services and/or programs for adults
- Possess a valid driver's license and maintain a safe driving record
- Previous library experience in a professional level position in public services
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and skills, may be considered.
The College Hill branch is a destination library that services the surrounding community as well as an array of college students. It is jointly operated with the Front Range Community College and often partners with the upstairs academic Front Range library for circulation and various services.
External Job Ad