The Louisville Public Library is seeking a Library Clerk who is enthusiastic, attentive, self-motivated and will genuinely enjoy working with the diverse population we serve. As a member of Circulation Services, Library Clerks assist patrons with accessing library materials, resources and services, and are the welcoming presence that greets everyone who comes to the library.
This position is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week, with a minimum of one evening shift each week, and one full weekend shift every 4 weeks.
All initial communication regarding your application will come via email. Please check your email messages frequently and your junk mail during the application process.
- Assists patrons with borrowing and returning library materials
- Assists patrons with use of self-service equipment and services, including self-pickup holds in Louisville and Superior locations
- Assists patrons with information and access questions
- Assists patrons with resolving fees, lost/damaged materials and other access concerns
- Processes patron requests for materials in our collections and coming from other libraries; searches for missing and claim returned materials
- Processes returned and newly acquired materials, including sorting and shelving materials; clearing and re-shelving items used in the library; straightening and replacing materials on shelves and displays
- Assists with organization of displays, informational notices and handouts.
- Assists with opening, closing and general library safety procedures
- Assists in training of new library staff and volunteers.
- Performs other duties as required to support library operations
Minimum General Qualifications
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
· Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, plus at least one year library work experience in a customer service position
· Or diploma or equivalent, plus at least one year library work experience and two years work experience in any customer service position
· Or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience
Human Resources / Job Listings
Complete applications online at our website: https://www.louisvilleco.gov/local-government/government/departments/human-resources/current-employment-opportunities