The Division of Public Services supports the mission and vision of the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) by creating the essential destination where residents can find just the service, program or material delivered in the way that fits them just right. The Kids & Families Core Service Assistant provides core library service through clerical support of services offered by JCPL. Administers Kids & Families outreach programs and events. Collaborates across departments at the library to ensure that outreach and programming come to fruition. Position reports to the Public Services Manager.
This part time (20 hours per week) position is fully eligible for benefits.
This position is located at the Wheat Ridge Library and supports the Kids & Families core service team.
Hiring Range - $15.80 - $18.90 per hour.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICES: Provides information and assists with preparation for and delivery of Kids & Families outreach, programs, and events. Communicates with community stakeholders, volunteers, and staff over the phone or via email using high-level customer service skills. Maintains detailed and accurate paper and electronic files and records. Participates in ongoing improvements to the Kids & Families’ processes and procedures. Collects statistical information pertaining to outreach, programs, and events services.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Provides customer service to library staff and community stakeholders. Participates in a wide variety of tasks to ensure the delivery of quality Kids & Families outreach, programs, and services. Maintains records and tabulations, completes online forms, schedules resources, and responds to internal emails and phone calls. Utilizes computerized data entry equipment and specialized or commercial software applications to develop, enter, store and/or retrieve information. Maintains a variety of computer and tangible files.
- OPERATIONATIONAL ORGANIZATION: Provides logistical support for outreach, program, and event planning. Facilitates the distribution of program supplies and equipment throughout the library system. Provides information and performs simple research activities. Ensures adherence to established policies, procedures, and standards. Attends workshops and training sessions to acquire new skills, while refining and maintaining others. Participates in staff and division meetings. May participate on committees and/or task forces. Keeps current on library policies and procedures. Monitors adherence to library policies and procedures.
- OVERSIGHT: May assist in coordinating the work and schedules of ancillary staff and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred - One year of customer service experience.
Preferred - Experience working or volunteering in a public library system.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.