Jefferson County Public Library
The Digital Literacy Instructor provides basic training in English and Spanish to students in groups and one on one settings in locations throughout Jefferson County. Maintains good relationships with local partners at schools and community organizations where instruction is delivered, adapts the existing curriculum based on community needs and explores available curriculums in other languages.
Supports the Digital Literacy Librarian in outreach and provides instruction to staff and volunteers related to Digital Literacy as needed. Collects necessary data and reports outcomes based on observation and feedback from partners and students.
- Deliver instruction in English and Spanish to groups and One on One
- Support Staff and volunteer training
- Adapts existing curriculum to different levels and needs of instruction.
- Research of curriculums in other languages
- Oversees classrooms and student’s needs.
- Collaborate and communicates with local partners.
- Facilitates the introduction to available library resources.
- Supports outreach as needed.
This is a limited term opportunity. This Grant-Funded position will end December 2024.
Hiring Range: $25.34 - $31.68 per hour.
- Assist with and deliver training courses and presentations to training participants. Assists with facilitating classroom exercises and activities.
- Assist with and delivers presentations on single or simple subject matter.
- Create, update, and evaluate in-house training plan procedures.
- Track and maintain staff training participation data. Create pre- and post-evaluation assessments. Track training and evaluations.
- Supports E-Learning tools and software programs. Loads new and revised training programs and materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required - Fluent reading, speaking, and writing English & Spanish
Preferred - Experience creating and delivering training content.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
This position is eligible for personal medical coverage beginning the first of the month after the hire date.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.