This position is part time working 24 hours per week.
The Children's Services Assistant provides support to the youth services department by assisting with youth programming, providing customer service at the children services desk, staffing library events, and contributing to library services.
Programming: Plan, conduct, and assess children’s programming for youth of all ages. Programs may be in-person or virtual. In-person programs are conducted at the library or at an off-site partner facility location. Assist with planning and conducting public services department-wide projects, programs, and events as assigned by the Children's Services Supervisor and Public Services Manager. Staffing events include educating the community about library services, providing circulation services, and engaging with the public through library-sponsored activities.
Customer Service: Provide exemplary customer service for all children and adults who use library services. Teach patrons on the use of library catalog, and on how to locate items on the shelves. Offer customer assistance on the use of computers, computer programs, databases, printing, scanning, electronic devices, and photocopiers. Staff the Children’s Services Desk contributing to a welcoming children’s area, providing reader’s advisory services, enforcing library policy, evaluating the use of the children’s area and making recommendations as needed.
Circulation: Update patron accounts, issue new library cards, and assist patrons with placing material on hold.
Other duties as assigned.
Additional Info & Requirements
Requires a two-year college degree or equivalent coursework and/or equivalent library experience.
● Experience working with children of all ages preferred.
● Storytime and/or programming experience in a library setting preferred.
● Readers’ advisory services experience, especially with youth material, preferred.
● Dedicated to the mission and strategic direction of the library.
● Proficient oral and written communication and social skills.
● Demonstrated ability to think logically, exercise initiative, and act in the best interest of the library district.
● Dedicated to being a part of a team.
The Clearview Library District serves Windsor, Severance and West Greeley communities
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must pass a background check.