Zimmerman Associates, Inc. (ZAI) is seeking an experienced Library Director with program management experience for a new business opportunity/government contract bid to support a prestigious, specialized library in the Western U.S. The Library Director will work closely with the project team of professionals to ensure the effective and timely delivery of services performed by contract employees. This will be a long-term, multi-year contract award.
Employment Type: FULL-TIME, 40 hours per week, onsite
- Applicants must have had a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience and training sufficient in scope and quality to furnish them with an acceptable level of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position without more than normal supervision.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science (or similar) from an institution accredited by the American Library Association.
- Ability to apply knowledge of program management principles, best practices, and techniques to successfully execute the performance work statement of the contract.
- Familiarity with all aspects of library management is required.
- Ability to develop, present and oversee financial budgets, invoicing, and tracking burn rates to ensure budget and financial processes align with project goals.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with individuals from varying backgrounds and levels.
- Ability to initiate and set goals for the project team according to the SOW.
- Ability to supervise, motivate and lead a project team of 10+ professionals, coordinating work schedules and assignments and ensuring consistent quality across all aspects of the project.
- Ability to use data to measure progress, communicate status, and influence outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to research, analyze, and gather requirements, and perform analytical studies.
- Education or work experience in areas like legal research and legal collections, outreach services, criminology, rehabilitation, training and distance learning, social work, web hosting, system administration is a plus.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
ZAI is an equal-opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, veterans status or any other legally protected status.
ZAI has been providing solutions and services to the Federal Government for more than four decades. From our start in 1977 to present day, we have been dedicated to exceeding our clients’ expectations. We provide a broad array of services, with a focus on the effective management of information to enhance our customers’ ability to achieve their mission. From managing records, libraries and information centers, to business process services and the IT systems used to support them, to complex support of the U.S. Navy submarine fleet, our focus on quality and customer service is at the forefront of everything we do. ZAI’s value is based on our in-depth understanding of our customers’ missions, knowledge of the challenges our customers face, satisfying their objectives and goals, and meeting or exceeding their expectations.