Southeast Missouri State University
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Instructor — Regular Non-Tenure Track
Information Literacy Librarian
Kent Library, Southeast Missouri State University
Full-Time, Entry-Level, 10-Month Faculty Position
- Provide and support effective, engaging information literacy instruction and education across the academic disciplines
- Collaborate with other librarians to develop, teach, and assess core curriculum information literacy instruction
- Create digital learning materials, such as interactive online tutorials and research guides
- Provide research assistance in-person, online, by phone, and share in reference desk staffing
- Work closely with Southeast students, faculty, staff, and community guests through face-to-face and virtual interactions
- Serve as liaison librarian to multiple academic departments
- Participate in the development, management and assessment of library services and collections
- Contribute to Kent Library committees, activities, and outreach; and to Southeast Missouri State University through faculty governance and committee service
- Pursue a professional development program
- Participate in academic department, college and university student recruitment and retention activities
- Support Southeast Missouri State University’s and Kent Library’s strategic planning activities
- ALA-accredited Master of Library Science degree awarded by December 31, 2023. Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government-certified University.
- Commitment to providing high-quality user services
- Evidence of experience preparing and teaching information literacy instruction
- Familiarity with assessing information literacy instruction
- Experience using and creating digital learning materials
- Knowledge of reference services and information resources (both online and print)
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational skills and able to prioritize projects
- Ability to take individual initiative and to work collaboratively
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Required Information & Deadline:
Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by October 20, 2023.
To Apply: Submit the following items online:
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts required when offer of employment is accepted)
About Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO): Founded in 1873 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Southeast Missouri State University provides student-centered education and experiential learning with a foundation of liberal arts and sciences, embracing a tradition of access, exceptional teaching and commitment to student success that significantly contributes to the development of the region and beyond. SEMO values access to high quality, affordable education with a broadly representative student body, faculty and staff that respects and celebrates a diverse learning community in a global society.
SEMO Fact Book: Institutional Research Factbook
SEMO Strategic Action Plan: Strategic Action Plan
Departmental Information: Information regarding Kent Library may be found at http://library.semo.edu.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Southeast Missouri State University provides an excellent benefits package. For complete benefit details visit our website at https://semo.edu/hr.