Weekend Library Assistant – Part Time
The Stonington Free Library seeks an enthusiastic and tech-savvy team player with excellent customer service skills and a commitment to the importance of the library in the community. The library is pleased to be open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays and the current opening is a part-time position, one to two weekend shifts per month from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Hourly rate is $15.50. Benefits include sick, holiday and vacation days.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide copying, printing, faxing and other technology assistance
- Help manage holds, overdue items and interlibrary loan requests and returns
- Check materials in and out
- Issue library cards
- Provide reference services and reader’s advisory
- Introduce patrons to all library services, collections and technology
- Assist patrons in person, by email and over the phone
- Delivery of excellent customer service to all ages
Successful candidate must be a team player with strong technology skills and a positive attitude. Must be self-motivated, reliable, flexible, able to juggle multiple priorities, and must enjoy working with the public. High school diploma and technology skills required. Prior library experience, college degree and familiarity with library technology are a plus.
Send cover letter, resume and email addresses for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.