POSITION TITLE: Head of Programming
DEPARTMENT: Programming GRADE: 31 FLSA: Exempt FTE: 1.0
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Performs all duties related to managing Programming.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works independently under the direct supervision of the Associate Director.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Librarians, Coordinators, Volunteers
Do you want to be a part of an organization that makes a difference in the community?
Do you have a passion for volunteerism and community engagement?
Are you passionate about the transformative power of libraries?
Do you want to connect with and make a difference in your community?
Mesa County Libraries are looking for the right person to coordinate library programs, volunteers, and outreach.
If you …· are passionate about coordinating adult, family, teen, and child classes and events for all MCL locations, both in English and in Spanish· are excited to lead and convene programming committees to coordinate special events; discuss and select programs; and to share knowledge and ideas· want to participate in the library’s management team· are interested in overseeing recruitment, retention and recognition of volunteers to ensure that the volunteer needs of the library are met· would like to oversee coordination of outreach opportunities in cooperation with event organizers in the community
… then we have your dream job! As Head of Programming at Mesa County Libraries, you can help enrich lives and build community through opportunities to learn, discover, create and connect.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
This full-time position includes a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, AD&D, and supplemental insurance coverages as well as HRA and retirement savings. Benefits include vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays.
Additional Info & Requirements
With eight library locations throughout the county, Mesa County Libraries enrich lives and build community through opportunities to learn, discover, create, and connect. The library also operates the 970West Studio, the Discovery Garden, and the Adult Learning Center. Mesa County Libraries serve a diverse region of western Colorado that is home to more than 150,000 people, several small to mid-size communities, a vibrant arts scene, and vast opportunities for outdoor recreation from mountains to desert.
1. Oversee Programming for Mesa County Libraries, including
2. Volunteer & Outreach
3. Supervise Staff
4. Management Team
5. Self-development and Expertise
6. Other Duties/Responsibilities
- Decision Making/Judgement
- People Development
LIBRARY CORE COMPETENCIES
- Customer Focus
- Organizational Savvy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Knowledge of effective supervisory and coaching techniques
· Demonstrates leadership ability
· Knowledge and current awareness of library principles, practices, procedures, methods, materials, and philosophy
· Knowledge of standard safety practices
· Ability to navigate OPAC and Internet proficiently
· Ability to effectively use all office technology available
· Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license and to transport self to other library locations in a timely fashion
· Ability to communicate verbally
· Ability to maneuver about the library in a timely fashion
· Ability to read a minimum print size equal to 10 point
· Ability to tolerate dust, mold, etc. that may have accumulated on books.
· Subject to numerous interruptions
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited graduate program
2 – 3 years’ supervisory experience preferred
2 – 3 years’ experience working in a public library setting
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. We're committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce. If you're excited about this role, feel a passion for our mission, this feels like it could be your dream job, but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply!
Additional details are on the application website. For full job description, email Rachel Hanson at hr@mcpldorg.