The Englewood Public Library, located just south of the City of Denver, serves a diverse community of patrons including the 33,000 citizens of Englewood CO and visitors from surrounding areas. We are situated next to a light rail stop and RTD bus station, on the first floor of the Englewood Civic Center.
As an Adult Services Associate, you will provide direct customer service to patrons, connecting them to resources, programs, and services. You will place hold requests for materials, provide assistance at Reference desk to patrons seeking information and in the use of public computers. You will contribute to the planning and implementation of library programs, staff training, and special projects.
Schedule: This full-time schedule may include nights and weekends.
Reports to: Adult Services Librarian
Direct Reports: None
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The assigned duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the list below. Assignments may be modified with additions, deletions, or changes as necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs all reference desk functions, including opening and closing procedures, assisting patrons in identifying, locating, and using library and information resources including print, non-print, and digital resources, placing holds requests, assisting patrons in the use of library computers and personal devices, instruction on use of library online resources.
Assist Librarian I in fulfilling Homebound Delivery services.
Assists in planning and delivery of programs for adults.
Assists with the delivery of staff training and creation of training checklists.
Develop program materials including reading lists, programs flyers, and presentation materials.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
Prepare monthly statistical reports for Library Manager.
Provide backup coverage at Library Security Desk as needed.
Provide occasional coverage at Circulation Desk.
May work with volunteers providing instruction and guidance on tasks.
Performs other duties as assigned and required.
PREPARATION AND TRAINING
Education: Two years of college-level course work.
Work Experience: Two years of customer service experience; library and/or bookstore experience preferred.
Certifications and/or Licensures: None
Required Driver’s License: None
An equivalent combination of education, training and relevant job experience may be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Basic knowledge of:
- Public library mission and functions
- Reference interview techniques
- Customer Service standards
- Program design and delivery
- Database usage
- General computer and internet use
- Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with social media including Facebook and Instagram.
- Standard office equipment including copiers and printers.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability and interest in working with people and diverse populations.
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure accurate data entry and records management.
- Proficient instruction skills in the use of online library catalog, general computer use, various online resources and/or applications.
- Excellent communication skills with library patrons.
- Strong ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among tasks.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in a standard library environment, requiring standing and walking for extended periods of time. Must be able to push and pull a full book cart (up to 20 lbs/force) and perform occasional lifting (up to 30 lbs).
$16.80 - $25.20/hour
The City of Englewood offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, and vision.
Please apply on the City of Englewood's job board-