Sno-Isle Libraries is recruiting for a part-time Public Services Assistant I in our Sultan Library!
About the Opportunity
The Sultan Library is a small-sized library close to Highway 2 in east Snohomish County, nestled in the beautiful Skykomish Valley. The City of Sultan has experienced recent population growth and has an increasingly diverse community. Sultan Library is open six days a week, offering programming, collections, and services that largely focus on early learning, children, and families.
This part-time Public Services Assistant will perform basic public service and library support tasks to contribute to the Sultan Library’s effective operation, providing library services, spaces, and resources that are representative of diverse cultures and perspectives, intentionally inclusive, and accessible to everyone.
Spanish language proficiency is preferred, as the successful candidate may be asked to provide library customer service in Spanish. Multilingual pay differential is available for the successful candidate who demonstrates Spanish language proficiency.
The person selected for the position will work a 15-hour per week schedule including mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekend shifts that include every Friday and Saturday. Successful candidates may be required to adapt to future schedule and location changes depending on library needs..
Job Location: Sultan, WA
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Provide assistance at the library circulation desk, answer phones, check library materials in and out, register customers for library cards, and order various library materials.
- Assist customers with self-checkout machines and answer questions in the hold areas.
- Return library materials to proper locations and support circulation duties.
- Provide assistance to library customers with basic reference questions.
- Respond to technical services calls and assist with problems with the fax machines, public copiers, pay-for-print stations, vending machines, and printers.
- Submit and monitor technical reports for library technology service issues.
- Perform other public service and general clerical support tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of established practices and procedures for an integrated library system (ILS).
- Knowledge of library policies, procedures, and services.
- Knowledge of alpha and numeric systems for arranging library materials.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to uphold the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace and the community.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Ability to work independently and to set priorities.
- Ability to handle and resolve disruptive behavior effectively.
- Ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective interpersonal skills with others.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems including hardware and software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel, electronic databases, email, and internet navigation in addition to other office equipment and security systems.
Education and Experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position can be acquired by a combination of experience and education including:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
- These skills and abilities typically are acquired through completion of secondary school or equivalent together with several months in a customer service environment.
Benefits and Compensation
Pay Range: $19.92 - $27.40 Hourly
Benefits: the person selected for this part-time position is eligible for sick leave, vacation leave, paid holidays, and dental coverage. For more information about these benefits, visit our Employment FAQs webpage.
About Sno-Isle Libraries
Sno-Isle Libraries is a large, two-county library district set in the beautiful north Puget Sound region of Washington State. District boundaries stretch from rugged timberlands to suburban centers, from rolling farmlands to ocean vistas.
Set in the fastest-growing corner of the state, Sno-Isle Libraries is home to a 1.2 million-item collection, serving more than 800,000 residents through 23 community libraries, online services, Library on Wheels, and outreach services. Sno-Isle offers the latest in online resources, print materials, and other assorted media to serve its growing population.
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities, and value the variety of ideas, worldviews, and personal experience that our staff bring to their work. Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are foundational values of our work here at Sno-Isle Libraries. Learn more about how we serve and celebrate inclusive needs and perspectives on the equity page of our website: https://www.sno-isle.org/equity-diversity-inclusion/
How to Apply
Job posting closing date: November 22, 2023, 9:59 p.m.
Apply online: https://www.sno-isle.org/employment/
Sno-Isle Libraries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
As a valued member of Sno-Isle Libraries, the person selected for this position is eligible for sick leave, vacation leave, paid holidays, and dental coverage. For more information about these benefits, visit our Employment FAQs webpage.
Sno-Isle Libraries is a large, two-county library district in the beautiful north Puget Sound region of Washington State. District boundaries stretch from rugged timberlands to suburban centers, from rolling farmlands to the ocean vistas. Set in the fastest-growing corner of the state, Sno-Isle Libraries serves more than 800,000 residents through 23 community libraries, online services, Library on Wheels, and our website at www.sno-isle.org.
External Job Ad
Human Resources / Job Listings