Arapahoe Library District
Englewood, CO, United States
Title: MATERIALS TECHNICIAN - SORTING AND PROCESSING
Location: Support Services, 12855 E. Adam Aircraft Circle, Englewood, CO 80112
Reports to: Supervisor, Library Material Service Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $18.00 - $20.70
Purpose: Operates Automated Material Handling sorter. Prepares library materials for circulation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
75% MATERIAL SORTING
- Receives and loads library materials into Automated Material Handling (AMH) system
- Operates AMH sorter software
- Research exception items
- Organizes materials for distribution to libraries.
- Troubleshoots AMH machinery and software as needed.
25% MATERIAL PROCESSING
- Affixes labels and stickers to new materials
- Adds protective covers to books
- Creates containers for audio-visual and other non-traditional materials
- Applies barcodes to times and writes barcode number to RFID tag
- Adds items to the database to prepare for circulation
- Maintains Colorado Library Consortium (CLiC) items
- Unloads bins of materials
- Sorts and routes items for distribution
- Researches and resolves problems with items received without documentation.
- Process items for removal from the library database (discards)
- Operates disc buffing machine, evaluates discs for circulation
- Assists with other department projects and tasks as needed
- Maintains processing statistics for reporting and planning purposes.
Performs other related duties as assigned and requested
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Intermediate technology skills for Office 365 and cloud computing.
- Aptitude for detail.
- Manual dexterity to grasp objects, supplies and materials, load them onto a book cart or bin, move bins containing materials to and from the AMH and move a fully loaded book truck anywhere in the building.
- Ability to problem solve, handle and negotiate stressful situations in a positive manner.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
- Automated Material Handling, sorter, or related experience.
- Knowledge of informational databases.
- Knowledge of Integrated Library System.
- Library material processing experience
Materials handling is a high-volume operation involving open workspace combined with individual work areas. The work is performed in a team environment.
The essential duties for this position are performed in an indoor office environment.
Moderate noise (AMH, computers, phones, printers, Delivery Dock, and staff interactions).
Physical activities to perform essential duties include:
- Must be able to move around 75-100% of the time.
- Ability to lift to 75 lbs.
- Ability to carry up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to push a loaded wheeled book truck and/or wheeled dolly weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to kneel, crouch, reach and stoop 75% of the time.
- Ability to be mobile 100% of the time.
- Ability to stand and walk, bend and stretch without limitation, kneel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Use of hands, fingers, and grasping of library materials with repetitive motion.
- Frequent alternating of standing and walking,
- Frequent lifting and moving bins of library materials associated with the Automated Material Handling.
This job description describes the general level of work being performed and is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties or aspects associated with the job, and may be amended anytime based on business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Inclusion and diversity are part of our values at Arapahoe Libraries.
Qualified applicants who represent the diversities of the communities we serve are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Health Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long term and Short term disability Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid Parental Leave, Time off programs (Vacation, Sick, Holiday).
Established in 1966, the Arapahoe Library District serves more than 200,000 residents living in Arapahoe County. Arapahoe County and other major suburban counties make up the greater metropolitan area surrounding Denver, Colorado. The Arapahoe Library District operates eight branch libraries, including mobile library services, and a library at the County Detention Center, funded by the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department. A seven-member Board of Trustees sets the library budget and determines policy.
External Job Ad
APPLY ONLINE at http://arapahoelibraries.applicantpro.com/jobs/ and select the position you are interested in. Click on “Apply Now” and create a login that will allow you to submit interest for any open position. You may also attach a resum