We invite you to join the high performing team at the Town of Prescott Valley, serving as our Adult Services Librarian in the Community Services Department. All librarians serve in a leadership role within the library, organization, and community with or without a formal supervisory assignment. If you have a desire to serve the community in which you live, we encourage you to apply.
· Exhibits a positive attitude in word and action and encourages others to do the same.
· Collaborates with all team members in a way that builds upon ideas and takes personal accountability and ownership of projects, roles, and assignments.
· May plan, assign, schedule, and review the work of a small team of staff and/or volunteers.
· Instructs patrons in the use of various library systems/resources, the use of databases for research, the use of library computers, copiers, printers, software programs, network programs, and other library machinery/equipment upon request.
· Manages information technology activities by developing webpages, researching and reviewing websites, coordinating internet service activities and subscriptions, maintaining online calendars, developing and maintaining procedures manuals, training staff, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, completing reports of activities, and compiling data and inventories.
· Selects, recommends, and purchases library materials; communicates and coordinates purchases with vendors; identifies and removes materials to be withdrawn in assigned area.
· Responds to library patron inquiries, providing specific answers or directing them to appropriate sources; interprets library policies and procedures for library patrons.
· Serves as a reference librarian on matters of information/material requests.
· Works any public service desk by checking materials in and out, answering questions, responding to general inquiries, placing items on hold, interfacing with other libraries for materials, ordering supplies, and collecting fees and fines.
· Promotes the use of library resources through instructional tours, special activities or programs, and community contacts.
· Resolves library patron complaints and concerns in a customer service-oriented, friendly manner.
· Develops, implements, interprets, and evaluates departmental policies and procedures; recommends revisions to Library policies.
· Assists other Library service areas in special projects.
· Develops and implements library programming.
· May act as Person In Charge during absence of library leadership.
· Creates and updates displays.
· Writes grants to secure funding and resources to support the library’s mission, programs, and services. Assists with long-range and short-range planning.
· Attends regularly scheduled departmental and all-staff meetings, annual staff training day, and any additional mandatory meetings.
· Maintains electronic, paper filing, and record systems to provide easy access to records and information; provides retention of records as required by Department, Town, County, and State policies.
· Other duties as assigned.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
The Town's complete compensation package includes salary, benefits, and a high performance culture. The Town package includes a no-cost to individual health insurance plan and a generous retirement package including participation in the
Arizona State Retirement System.
Prescott Valley Public Library (PVPL) is a popular community hub. The facility was created in 2009 as a space that was meant to be shared. The building was designed to be aesthetically unique and people friendly. Key elements include an auditorium for Town Council, a multifunctional meeting room with a kitchen and multimedia projection capabilities, a roof top terrace, outside patios, PC lab, Digital Media Lab, and a variety of smaller gathering spaces. We serve 50,000 residents locally and over 242,000 residents throughout Yavapai County as part of the Yavapai Library Network. Of those residents, 153,000 are active library users. We are all about removing barriers for our community, including not charging fines for overdue materials. We offer innovative programming, such as a seed library, Library of Things, Memory Kitts, Culture Passes, and checkout hotspots, Chrome books and many other digital tools. We have a staff of 27 and as a team, collaborate with local organizations, schools, businesses, and stakeholders to develop programs and initiatives that promote literacy, education, and lifelong learning.
External Job Ad