On behalf of our client, CLEVNET, we are seeking exceptional candidates for their new Senior Director of CLEVNET position.
This dynamic, mission-oriented leadership position is responsible for guiding the daily operations and helping to shape the strategic direction of CLEVNET. As a key administrator for the organization, you will help ensure public library patrons across the region have ready access to vital information and materials necessary for their entertainment, education, and personal/cultural enrichment.
In this multifaceted, challenging role, you will also:
· Manage a highly skilled, experienced team of eight IT professionals responsible for the development, implementation, application, maintenance, and support of library systems, applications, technology, and infrastructure/networks used by CLEVNET member libraries.
· Ensure required system upgrades are performed, server capacities are at appropriate levels, and that other IT-related needs and service level standards meet or exceed end-user needs.
· Collaborate with the Chief of CLEVNET to develop new technical and governance policies and procedures and to assist with launching new initiatives to improve offerings, services, and operations.
· Oversee third party maintenance agreements, evaluate vendor performance, and participate in specification, selection, acquisition, and evaluation of system hardware and software.
· Report on CLEVNET’s IT strategy and projects to CLEVNET member libraries.
· Confer and partner with state agencies and strategic partners such as the State Library of Ohio and OPLIN.
Although the position is primarily a virtual one, this role is based in Northeast Ohio to best facilitate monthly team and quarterly meetings with leadership [and customers/other key stakeholders. as required].
A generous compensation package includes competitive base pay with a pay range minimum/midpoint of $106,000 to $130,000; healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision, time-off and more; retirement benefits include participation in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System public pension plan and The Ohio Public Employees Deferred Compensation Program.
Established in 1982, CLEVNET is one of the largest library resource sharing networks in the United States. The consortium includes 47 library systems across 12 different Ohio counties with 12 million items and over one million customers. CLEVNET allows library patrons to access the vast collections of every participating library. Additionally, CLEVNET provides critical information technology solutions [network, software, hardware, and general technical support] to its member libraries. CLEVNET is Library Cooperation.
· 7 years or more of experience leading IT functions, projects, and teams in a multi-site environment in which system uptime is critical is required.
· Experience working with vendors to solve IT problems and ensure successful long-term resolution; providing solutions that are innovative and meet or exceed desired outcomes within fiscal and other constraints; managing large networks, security protocols, MS Windows , Linux, and similar systems is required.
· Experience researching, assessing, and implementing technical tools is required.
· Experience working in public library, public-sector, and/or a union environment is preferred.
· 3 years or more of experience directly supervising employees is required. Experience effectively managing virtual technical teams is preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related field is strongly preferred. Master’s degree is a plus.
· Cisco Systems, Juniper, or similar network certifications are preferred.
Reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled persons covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act [ADA] in accordance with its requirements.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter [including salary requirements] via email to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.