Are you an energetic, team-orientated individual with a strong public service devotion? Join our extraordinary team as a Library Branch Manager and take the helm of a library branch brimming with endless possibilities. You will have the duties of overseeing all branch services and operations in accordance with policy and procedures, including Adult Services, Youth Services, Circulation Services, and Paging. Moreover, you will be entrusted with hiring, supervising, training, evaluating and scheduling branch staff to ensure customers are given efficient, prompt, and exceptional assistance.
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed and library goals are met
- Participates in task forces, committees, and other special projects as assigned, e.g., grant-writing
- Conducts regular staff meetings and ensures communication between departments and individuals
- Keeps staff informed of system wide initiatives; promotes library trends and new technologies to branch staff
- Maintains a well-organized, current branch collection by making recommendations for new and retrospective materials to the Division Manager for Collection Development & Technology Innovation
- Identifies characteristics of the branch service area to recommend materials and to plan and present needed programs, services, and community outreach activities, in response to the changing needs of the community
- Represents the branch in the local community, seeking partnerships and building relationships with community groups
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Cumberland County offers a generous benefit plan including a Government Retirement Plan, 13 paid holidays per year and an Employee Wellness Center Clinic. To see more information about the benefits offered to employees look here
Additional Info & Requirements
Selected applicant must have access to transportation and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record at the time of hire. Within 60 days of hire, must obtain and show proof of a valid NC Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record while employed; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
Cumberland County, located in the heart of North Carolina, offers a mixture of cultural diversity and southern hospitality. In addition to a dynamic award-winning library system, Winner of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service, our area has a beautiful climate, cultural activities, dining and shopping, recreation, golf, and nightlife.
External Job Ad
Human Resources / Job Listings
Cumberland County Human Resources Department, Ebonee Moore-Brantley (910) 323-6100