City of Brentwood
Brentwood, TN, United States
Seeking candidates for Children’s Services Manager at the John P. Holt Brentwood Library, Brentwood, TN
The City of Brentwood is seeking a collaborative and organized professional with management and programming experience to join its team as the Children’s Services Manager for the John P. Holt Brentwood Library.
As the Children’s Services Manager you will be responsible for managing the Children’s Services team and overseeing the maintenance of a cheerful and welcoming environment designed to stimulate children’s interest in reading. You will help manage budgets for materials and programs and assist patrons as needed. This position oversees and coordinates all programs and activities for preschool and elementary children and tweens.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing Children’s Services team and serving as person in charge when necessary.
- Ensuring clear and direct communication with supervisors, peers, and direct reports.
- Overseeing all Children’s Library programs and activities, plans for summer reading and special events.
- Promoting use of Library to schools and community groups.
- Overseeing selection and maintenance of materials for children’s sections of the Library and working with other staff to manage materials budget.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a team player with an enthusiasm for libraries and the services they provide.
- Has proven library and/or management experience, as well as experience with providing programming for or working with children.
- Is an adaptable and personable leader with understanding of the big picture.
- Is goal and deadline oriented.
- Has a positive attitude and respects diversity.
- Values lifelong learning and the opportunity to enrich others’ lives.
Minimum Training and Experience Required
Master's Degree in an ALA accredited Library Science program required, with extensive course work in Children's Literature, and with experience in a public library and in early childhood education/development (or related). Significant supervisory experience; demonstrated problem-solving ability with desktop computers; experience in managing a library software system; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Starting annual salary for this position is $56,721.
Up to 5% salary increase after successful completion of six-month probationary period.
Plus: Transportation Allowance of up to $2000/year to be paid over 26 pay periods annually.
Situated in a beautiful park setting and bordered by a walking trail and arboretum, the John P. Holt Brentwood Library is known as the crown jewel of the City of Brentwood. The Library provides access to over 165,000 books and other materials, as well as a variety of programs for all ages. With the mission of being a vibrant and engaging community center for lifelong learning and the arts, the Library continues to be a strongly supported resource available to the Brentwood community.