Pikes Peak Library District
1175 Chapel Hills Dr, Colorado Springs, Colorado
SENIOR DIRECTOR – HUMAN RESOURCES
Library 21c | Exempt
40 hours per week | Full time
January 12, 2024
1175 Chapel Hills Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80920
$ 45.70 per hour - $ 60.63 per hour+ full benefits (for benefits information, please see: http://ppld.org/jobs/benefits)
40 hours per week
Monday – Friday : 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. with evenings and weekends as needed.
**This position is also eligible for partial telework.
Note: The position’s schedule may be subject to minor changes due to required meetings, training events, etc. In addition, management may require modifications to a position’s schedule, days, times and locations at any time as the needs of the Library District change.
Procedure for application:
1. Complete a PPLD online application located at ppld.org/careers on the Application tab. If it is an internal only job posting, please log in to ESS to fill the application.
2. Requires resume and cover letter. Applications will not be considered without a resume and cover letter.
3. Attachments should be submitted in the following file types: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .htm
4. If you require an accommodation to complete your job application, please contact the Human Resources Office at (719) 531-6333, x6380 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: This position is open until February 12, 2024, at 9:59 p.m. MST.
|As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pikes Peak Library District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation including gender expression, genetic information, military status, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. The library reserves the right to hire more than one person per advertised vacancy.
Position Summary: Under limited supervision, supports the Library’s mission through oversight and strategic guidance for all human resources functions. Leads, mentors, and assigns work to department employees. Manages special projects for human resources functions.
Essential Functions: Disclaimer: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides overall management for all human resources functions, including recruitment, benefits and compensation, staff development, training, employee relations, diversity, wellness, and performance assessment.
- Reviews and recommends changes and improvements for policies, procedures, and practices in human resources.
- Maintains knowledge of and continually reviews industry trends and employment regulations to ensure regulatory compliance and best practices.
- Provides overall oversight and implementation for compliance with federal and state personnel legislation.
- Coordinates and advises department managers in the implementation of human resources functions.
- Reviews and oversees appropriate processes regarding employee relations; investigates claims of harassment or misconduct.
- Oversees performance evaluation and compensation strategies.
- Oversees development and maintenance of position classifications, job descriptions and compensation structure; manages promotions, reclassification requests and changes to job duties.
- Develops and maintains current human resources policies, procedures, documentation, and employee handbook.
- Manages department budget; plans and develops future budgets for the human resources department and district-wide personnel functions.
- Oversees and evaluates the work of human resources staff and participates in interviewing and hiring of other department staff as necessary.
- Collaboratively makes District-wide recommendations and decisions.
- Serves as a role model for staff; maintains a courteous, positive image of the library.
- Participates and contributes to Board of Trustees meetings.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are considered non-essential and include the following:
- Keeps informed about Library and department information.
- Establishes effective working relationships with other library departments and non-library entities.
- Participates in community events that promote the Library District.
- Attends meetings and participates in committees or community groups that further the PPLD mission and goals.
- Encourages professional development of human resources staff through participation in professional organizations.
- Represents the Library District to community agencies and professional library organizations.
- Serves on state and regional professional committees.
- Attends regular department meetings and scheduled All-staff meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of the Pikes Peak Library District’s policies and procedures and ability to follow them.
- Ability to act as an ambassador of Pikes Peak Library District by promoting its mission, vision, and values to the public.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent presentation skills to provide guidance and understanding of HR topics to peers and staff.
- Demonstrates experience in planning and managing complex human resources projects and budgeting.
- Ability to supervise, plan, and coordinate the work of staff in order to accomplish library and department goals and objectives.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and best practices through workshops, conferences, or specialized literature.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills; maintains effective relationships within the department, with staff at all levels, members of the Board of Trustees, community partners and the public at large.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively use applications software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook, along with standard office equipment.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, organize daily work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-rich environment.
- Has regular on-time attendance.
- Exercise professionalism and good judgement in interpersonal interactions.
Education and Experience:
1. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational development, or a related field of study. Master’s degree is preferred.
2. Requires ten years of experience in human resources, organizational development, or a related field. At least three years of staff supervision experience is preferred.
3. Certifications in the following areas are preferred: SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is primarily conducted in an office setting that provides comfortable lighting, temperature, and air conditions. Position requires the ability to sit and use a computer or standard office equipment for extended periods. Position requires the ability to occasionally stand for extended periods of time.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
Conditions of Employment: All selected candidates…
§ are required to complete a Department of Homeland Security I-9 Form at the time of hire and must be able to provide acceptable documentation in order to verify his/her legal right to be employed in the U.S. (pursuant to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986). Pikes Peak Library District participates in E-verify.
§ are subject to a full reference and background investigation including verification of identification (including verification of Social Security number using USCIS E-verify), education, former employment, and criminal history.
§ may be uniformly tested for job-related skills and required physical abilities.
§ may be required to undergo a physical examination after a job offer is extended in order to ensure that the job’s physical requirements are met.
§ must understand and comply with PPLD’s drug-free workplace policy.
§ understand and agree that they have been hired at the will of the employer and that employment may be terminated at any time, with or without reason, and with or without notice, in accordance with Colorado law.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
External Job Ad
Soumya Gollapalli : email@example.com