About the job:
The Children’s Librarian ensures effective library services to patrons aged zero through 17 focusing on patrons aged zero through 10. The Children’s Librarian plans, coordinates, performs, and evaluates Children’s programming and outreach activities. A full job description can be found at basaltlibrary.org/jobs
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
- Earn three weeks of Personal Time Off per year for sick time and vacation
- Earn 8 hours of holiday pay for seven holidays per year
- Employee health insurance including medical, vision, and dental coverage is paid by the library ($7,700 per year benefit)
- Library matches 2% retirement contribution after one year, 3% after two years, 4% after three years, and 5% for four years and longer
- You will have access to free electronic vehicle charging
Additional Info & Requirements
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered on the basis of one year of experience for each year of education.
About the library:
- The Basalt Library is the living room of its community and is beloved by the people who visit it. The library is known for its music events and its beautiful building. Behind the scenes, a work culture of collaboration, appreciation, and fun make this an amazing place to work.
- Basalt, named for the basaltic rock formation on Basalt Mountain, began as a railroad town and was incorporated in 1901. Basalt is a Statutory Town in Eagle and Pitkin counties in Colorado. Surrounded by wilderness, Basalt sits at the gate of the Fryingpan Valley along the Gold Medal waters of the Roaring Fork and Fryingpan Rivers in the White River National Forest at an elevation of 6,611 feet.
- The library sits on the shore of the Roaring Fork River in historic downtown Basalt.
External Job Ad
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org