Colorado State University Pueblo
The University mission is to establish CSU Pueblo as the people’s university of the southwest United States by 2028. Our success will be measured by the resilience, agility, and problem-solving abilities of our diverse population, and the ways in which our graduates are able to navigate work in a rapidly changing world.
The Colorado State University Pueblo Library actively develops and empowers the campus community by integrating information literacy across the curriculum and providing collections, spaces, and services that facilitate learning, research, and innovation for a diverse and inclusive community.
Description of Job
**All responsibilities of faculty members at CSU Pueblo are in accordance with the Faculty Handbook. The Faculty Handbook is the authoritative guide on specific requirements with regard to teaching assignments, scholarly activity, research, and service.
This position manages the LINC (Center for Learning, Innovating, Networking and Collaborating) a new, integrated, teaching and learning center in the Library that provides flexible teaching and learning spaces and technology, event spaces, tutoring spaces, peer-mentor-led research and technology tutoring, and 3-D and large format printing. The LINC/Outreach Librarian will; assess faculty and student tutoring needs, then hire, train, and supervise peer mentors to meet the need. Collaborate with academic technology staff and reference librarian to coordinate peer mentor training. Promote the LINC to faculty and students. Manage event spaces and technology services in the LINC.
As part of those duties, this position, in collaboration with library faculty and in accordance with the Library Strategic Plan, also coordinates communication with library constituents across the campus and community, markets library resources and services, plans and orchestrates community events, assists the Dean with community outreach and special events, and is responsible for the library’s web and social media presence.
As a member of the Education, Research, and Outreach Services Division, the LINC/Outreach Librarian may also engage in the entire life-cycle of research, teaching and learning, and outreach processes. At times, they may provide course-specific instruction sessions, create research guides and/or tutorials, and provide consultation to faculty and students. In addition, the librarian participates in reference services and assessment and proactively engages in scholarship and service
Coordinates communication with library constituents across the campus and community including email, social media, and print based communication:
- Supports library faculty and staff to promote library resources and services
- Promotes the role and value of the library to campus constituents
- Cooperates with campus communications staff to create press releases and promote the library
- Assists the Dean with community outreach
- Assists the Dean’s office with event planning and management
Manages the LINC:
- Plans LINC services in response to assessed faculty and student needs
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates approximately 15 student peer mentors
- Promotes LINC spaces and services
- Schedules and manages events
- Manages peer-mentor led technology tutoring program
- Collaborates with IT to oversee 3-D and large format printing services
- Coordinates with IT to support innovative teaching and learning technologies in the LINC
- Coordinates with Reference and User Services Librarian to support research peer tutoring in the LINC
Supports the department:
- Provides course-specific instruction sessions, assignments, and research support
- Participates in library assessment processes for student learning outcomes
- Creates research guides, instructional videos, and/or online tutorials
- Identifies library materials relevant to courses to embed in Blackboard, place on reserve, or include in course packs
- Provides consultation to faculty and students related to research, information literacy, and scholarly communication.
- Manages collection development for assigned subject areas
- Provides reference services in multiple modalities including face-to-face, chat, video, and email as scheduled (possibly including some nights or weekends)
Performs sustained inquiry into one’s discipline leading to practical application within the library as well as research resulting in published or presented scholarly output.
Serves the library, the university, and the profession through active membership on boards, committees, panels, etc.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Master’s degree in Library Science (M.L.S. or equivalent) from an ALA accredited institution
- Demonstrated ability to relate to and commitment to serving diverse populations and learners.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Educational Technology, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide variety of educational technology applications
- Experience managing tutoring services
- Experience with marketing or outreach
- Experience with event planning
- Project management experience.
- Reference and instruction experience in an academic library
- Experience at a regional comprehensive university
- Experience at a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI)
- Experience in a position that required excellent customer service
- Experience in a position requiring collaboration with diverse groups and effective communication of ideas
- Demonstrated planning and leadership skills, with prior experience requiring working independently, taking initiative, and setting goals and priorities
- Demonstrated experience in a position requiring successful management of a team of employees to achieve results
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Colorado State University Pueblo offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible benefit plan
- Basic term life insurance
- Voluntary term life and AD&D lnsurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Travel accident insurance
- Voluntary critical illness and accident insurance
- Annual and sick leave
- Retirement plans
Other benefits include:
- Employee and dependent tuition discounts
- State employee discounts via BenefitHub
- Various on-campus event, recreation, and meal discounts
Additional Info & Requirements
About Colorado State University Pueblo
Colorado State University Pueblo is a comprehensive state university with an enrollment of 4,000 students. CSU Pueblo provides relevant professional coursework and superior instruction with a small student-to-faculty ratio for an ever-changing global economy.
Students can choose from 38 undergraduate programs with 70 fields of study in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics; the Hasan School of Business, the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences; and the College of Health, Education, and Nursing; and 15 graduate programs.
CSU Pueblo is dedicated to interdisciplinary learning and entrepreneurship that elevates our people and our community, creates educational opportunities, fosters unique collaborations, and supports inclusion, access, and affordability as a gateway to the world. CSU Pueblo is equally committed to serving the diverse population of the region; this emphasis is reflected in the demographic characteristics of the student body. Because more than 25 percent of our students are Hispanic, the Federal Government has designated CSU Pueblo a Hispanic Serving Institution. Besides reflecting our commitment to serve this critically important and rapidly growing segment of the student population, that designation also allows the University to compete for certain federal grant funds to support its ability to better serve all students.
Among its unique features, CSU Pueblo is one of seven schools in the nation to offer a degree in mechatronics, which combines electrical and mechanical engineering. The Hasan School of Business ranks among the top 15 percent of all business schools internationally with graduate and undergraduate programs in business administration accredited by the AACSB International Board of Directors. The College of STEM houses an undergraduate engineering program that was ranked in the nation's top 100 by U.S. News and World Report. CSU Pueblo has an ever-changing campus landscape that features a newly renovated Library, a new general academic classroom building, and a newly renovated and expanded student center.
At CSU Pueblo, Student Life offerings have increased significantly with the transition of the campus from a commuter environment to a more traditional collegiate experience. Competing at the NCAA Division II level, CSU Pueblo is a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and offers 22 varsity intercollegiate sports and also has active intramural and club sports teams that allow students to get involved in campus life.
About Pueblo, Colorado
The city of Pueblo is a historically and culturally rich, diverse city of more than 100,000, located in the southern part of the state along the Arkansas River near the Wet Mountains and the majestic Sangre de Cristo range. Pueblo enjoys ideal year-round climate with four distinct mild seasons, crisp mountain air and 300+ days of sunshine per year. Pueblo attracts outdoor enthusiasts to a full slate of summer and winter recreational activities, encompassing water sports at Lake Pueblo, biking or running along Pueblo's beautiful river trail system, golfing, tennis, hiking or skiing in the mountains to the west. The region is heavily agricultural, with large and small-scale farming and ranching, and a diverse mix of service, manufacturing, and technology industries.
All interested candidates must apply through the online application system at the above URL. No other format of application materials will be accepted.
Applicants must attach the following documents, in order to be considered for this position:
- a letter of intent (cover letter)
- a current resume or CV
- unofficial or official transcripts showing required degree conferred
Additionally, applicants must include current contact information for three professional references, either within the online application or as an attachment.
Applications submitted without the required attachments/information above will be considered incomplete and will not move forward in the selection process. Once submitted, applicants will not be able to make changes or add information to their application packet, with the exception of their personal contact and demographic information.
Early submission of application materials is encouraged. Screening of application materials will begin immediately and continue until filled, but those applications received prior to 5pm (MST) on Thursday, February 22nd, 2024, will receive full consideration.
CSU Pueblo is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history (felony and misdemeanor), national sex offender search, and/or motor vehicle history. Candidates who are extended an offer of employment must submit to and pass a background check prior to beginning employment. Some positions depending on the job duties may be required to complete a DMV and/or credit check.
The University reserves the right to check additional references, with prior notification given to the candidate.
Note: The successful candidate must provide official transcripts of academic work completed and, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, be able to submit evidence of the ability to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
It is the policy of Colorado State University Pueblo to provide reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources& Institutional Equity at (719) 549-2441 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1990, the University's annual security report is available at: https://www.csupueblo.edu/campus-safety.
Colorado State University Pueblo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Additionally, the University complies with all other relevant, federal, state, and local laws regarding employment practices.