University of Wyoming
The University of Wyoming Libraries seeks a creative, collaborative, and patron-focused librarian to support world-class research and teaching through the active management of the library's discovery services. The librarian will oversee and coordinate technical support for the library’s discovery platforms; will configure data and web services to integrate collections into discovery; will serve as a member of the electronic resources selection, procurement, and management team; and will use analytics and data-driven decision making to improve the patron experience. The librarian will collaborate with library stakeholders to find, evaluate, and implement ways to make the library's collections more accessible and welcoming to the campus community.
This position reports to Assistant Dean, Resource Discovery & Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, configure, and coordinate the UW Libraries discovery platforms (primarily found in Primo, related components in Alma, and Springshare products).
- Oversee data and webservice integrations with vendor and other UW library systems and services such as repository, archival and digital collections systems.
- Oversee the resolution of technical issues related to discovery.
- Devise solutions that improve discovery based on observed data, analytics, and feedback gathered through regular analysis.
- Provide support for the lifecycle of e-resource management from selection and procurement through evaluation and deselection.
- Provide support for access and authentication to library resources through tools such as Shibboleth and EZ Proxy.
- Keep up-to-date on current trends in discovery and libraries, including best practices in accessibility and patron experience.
- Work with local, state, and national community partners and organizations to meet the university’s land grant mission of service to the state of Wyoming.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service, and professional development. (https://www.uwyo.edu/regs-policies/_files/docs/regulations-2020/uw_reg_2-1_approved_10-14-20.pdf).
UW Libraries are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from minority candidates, candidates with disabilities, and those with experience working in a multicultural environment. Diversity resources for the University of Wyoming and the community of Laramie can be found at http://www.uwyo.edu/diversity/resources/. For more information on UW Libraries, please visit https://www.uwyo.edu/libraries.
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
Please address all minimum qualifications in your application materials.
- ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in library/information science by start date.
- Experience with or knowledge of library services platforms such as Alma, Sierra, Folio, Symphony, etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of library discovery platforms such as Primo VE, Summon, EBSCO Discovery Service, etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of integrating institutional repositories, vendor systems/services, and APIs into discovery platforms.
- Experience with or knowledge of the challenges and opportunities related to providing accessible electronic resources to a diverse user population.
- Experience with or knowledge of managing and troubleshooting access to electronic resources.
- Experience with initiating, planning, coordinating, and implementing complex projects and services.
Hiring Manager: James Markus, Assistant Dean, Resource Discovery and Management
(307) 766-4228 | email@example.com
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application:
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Cover letter that addresses how your knowledge, skills, and abilities address the minimum and any desired qualifications.
- Contact information for four professional references.