The Cliffdale Regional Branch is seeking a highly skilled and dedicated professional to fill the role of Senior Librarian Branch Manager. This position entails the execution of complex library duties, including the administration of the Cliffdale Regional Library. The incumbent will play a key role in overseeing diverse services, encompassing Information and Outreach Services, Youth Services, Circulation Services, and Paging.
- Serves as primary Team Lead and ensures safety and security for all customers and staff, is knowledgeable, competent, and accountable on all items associated with their location.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and evaluates, department managers, and branch staff to ensure policies and procedures are followed and library goals are met
- Conducts regular staff meetings and ensures communication between departments and individuals.
- Maintains a well-organized, current branch collection by making recommendations for new and retrospective materials to the Division Manager for Collection Development & Technology Innovation. Purges the collection of obsolete and/or worn materials.
- Identifies characteristics of the branch service area to recommend materials and to plan and present needed programs, services, and community outreach activities, in response to the changing needs of the community.
- Chairs task forces and/or ongoing committees, and oversees special projects as assigned, e.g., grant-writing, shifting of collections.
- Keeps staff informed of system wide initiatives; promotes library trends and new technologies to branch staff.
Compiles, prepares, and maintains essential reports, records, and statistics for the branch.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Cumberland County offers a generous benefit plan including a Government Retirement Plan, 13 paid holidays per year and an Employee Wellness Center Clinic. To see more information about the benefits offered to employees look here
Additional Info & Requirements
Selected applicant must have access to transportation and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record at the time of hire. Within 60 days of hire, must obtain and show proof of a valid NC Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record while employed; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
Cumberland County, located in the heart of North Carolina, offers a mixture of cultural diversity and southern hospitality. In addition to a dynamic award-winning library system, Winner of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service, our area has a beautiful climate, cultural activities, dining and shopping, recreation, golf, and nightlife.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Cumberland County Human Resources Department, Amanda Turnmire (910) 323-6101