The Division of People & Culture provides Human Resources (HR) training, organizational development and social work services to the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL). The Training Specialist develops and delivers a wide range of high-quality training and development programs for JCPL. The Training Specialist is also responsible for conducting needs assessments. Develops and schedules technical and soft skills training programs. Develops original curricula and training materials, as wells as, researching and assessing criteria and tools for training. Completes pre-and post-assessments of training and administers approved staff development programs. This position is also responsible for facilitating meetings and participating in organizational development projects.
This position is eligible for a hybrid schedule allowing for a blend of remote and on-site work.
Hiring Range: $59,030.22 - $76,739.29 annually.
- SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES: The statements below are intended to describe the more specific nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change.
- STAFF TRAINING: Designs, develops and delivers technical training courses, online training modules and presentations to staff in all divisions of JCPL. Facilitates classroom exercises, activities and provides lectures on identified subject matter. Manages group processes and facilitates group discussions. Determines the level and type of classroom engagement with each participant and with each class. Identifies and coordinates training from outside the organization as needed. Teaches workshops on topics of interest to staff when appropriate. Assists supervisors and managers in developing employee training plans. Oversees the production and maintenance of training materials, manuals and training records. Ensures that staff receives training on mandatory compliance issues. Oversees the delivery of supervisory skills training.
- TRAINING DEVELOPMENT: Implements training and development policies and goals. Assesses training and development needs of staff in all divisions. Provides direction and clarification to managers and supervisors on all levels of training and development. Develops training programs as needed. Researches and selects outside consultants for special training programs. Oversees the scheduling of in-house and outside programs. Researches and assesses various training delivery methods such as video, self-paced training and distance learning. Oversees technical training of front line staff system wide and provides presentation skills training to the Subject Matter Experts (SME) trainers as needed.
- EVALUATION AND ANALYSIS: Oversees the maintenance of staff training participation data and scheduling of training programs to ensure that training requirements and strategic goals are met. Creates pre-and post-evaluation assessments. Designs metrics, tracks training and evaluations. Conducts analysis of evaluation data and adjusts training and materials as warranted. Evaluates the effectiveness of staff training and development programs. Makes recommendations for any future changes. Communicates regularly to staff about training through email and intranet articles. Works in partnership with County Human Resources and external entities to ensure that shared training goals are met.
- FACILITATION AND SUPPORT: Analyzes specific organizational processes or team dynamics when requested by supervisor. Determines appropriate action, makes recommendations and referrals for training or coaching. Provides Enneagram coaching and team retreats as needed. Researches and manages special projects. Fully supports all of the annual strategic initiatives including the annual All Staff Conference. Facilitates meetings when requested by supervisor. Conducts or arranges meetings when requested, participates in organizational development projects and serves on task forces as needed.
- GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT: Stays informed of new developments, methods, practices and techniques in the organizational development and training fields. Maintains knowledge of employee development programs and practices to ensure the success of the JCPL strategies and initiatives. Maintains skills, knowledge and subject matter expertise in areas of responsibility and industry trends through training and professional development. Attends conferences and participates in development activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred - Experience in curriculum development, coaching, and training.
Enneagram coaching certification may be obtained within 1 year of data of hire.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
This position is eligible for Standard Benefits which includes dental, medical, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, retirement matching, wellness programs, and tuition reimbursement.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.