Under the general direction of the library director, the Gypsum Branch Manager performs professional, managerial level work in supervising the operations of a community branch library. The manager serves as a member of the Library's management team and works as a professional librarian to provide direct public service and supervise building and staff. They assist patrons by providing reference, reader's advisory services and community referrals and perform community outreach to promote core library values. The manager may assume responsibility for library operations in the absence of the director.
Bilingual applicants are highly encouraged to apply. The schedule includes evening and weekend rotations.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
A summary of our generous benefits is AVAILABLE.
- Master of Library and Information Science Degree
- Three or more years of professional library experience
- Strong supervisory skills
- Three years or more of relevant experience including; knowledge of reference and reader’s advisory services
- Experience working with all age groups
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable about principles, procedures, best practices, trends and developments related to library services
- Sufficiently articulate to communicate library policy and administrative regulations to the general public
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees daily operations of the library branch
- Supervises branch staff in accordance with the library organizational chart
- Trains staff to provide excellent customer service
- Communicates the library’s policies and procedures to the public and staff
- Responds to customer comments and suggestions
- Prepares budget requests and monitors expenditures to stay within allocated funds
- Anticipates and budgets for all major facility requirements
- Ensures safe conditions for staff, public, and building operation. Takes appropriate action in building and systems emergencies
- Maintains records of supplies and materials and orders supplies needed
- Works with facilities manager to prepare bid specifications for supplies and contracted maintenance that includes all building and grounds services (to include, but not limited to H.V.A.C., fire alarms, and other life safety systems, telephone, and security systems)
- Collaborates with facilities manager on special projects such as capital projects, new construction, renovations and repairs
- Works with staff to identify and implement outreach opportunities
- Promotes the library through participation in various community groups and activities
- Plans and promotes library programs
- Conducts staff meetings and training sessions
- Balances cash and makes bank deposits
- Prepares and submits monthly statistics and other reports as directed by the library director.
- Interacts with local officials regarding library issues.
- Trains and supervises substitutes.
- Coordinates with PR Librarian to utilize volunteers
- Schedules meeting rooms and monitors use
- Identifies and participates in professional development opportunities
- Light physical effort required in carrying and shelving books, and in performing other typical library functions
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing.
- Ability to operate a keyboard at an efficient speed
- Frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move materials weighing up to 40 pounds
- Vision and hearing at or correctable to "normal ranges"
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Note: The description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not all-inclusive of every task or
Human Resources / Job Listings
Anne Clarke, Business Manager