Alamosa High School Library Paraprofessional

Alamosa School District RE11-J

Alamosa High School

Application Deadline

Open Until Filled


$9.20 to $12.70 per Hour   Calculate


Alamosa, CO




Not Required

Minimum Education

High School (or Equivalent)

Library Experience

Not Specified

Supervisory Experience

Not Specified

Type of Library

School (K-12)

This job is more than 3 weeks old or the application deadline has passed.

Job Description

1. Performs clerical and technical duties as may be requried of Library staff. 2. Prepares, processes, and maintains Library materials including, books, periodicals, audio/visual materials, and equipment. 3. Maintains accurate usage logs of Library materials. 4. Records and maintains circulation statistics including overdue materials and fines. 5. Performs and maintains inventory of all Library resources. 6. Coordinates and schedules usage of Library materials and equipment. 7. Trains and supervises student assistants and volunteers in all phases of Library duties. 8. Performs other duties as assigned. 9. Assists in the organized and efficient operation of the AHS Library. 10. Assists in providing students with an enriched Library environment that invites intellectual growth. 11. Aids students in acquiring skills needed to take full advantage of Library resources.

Additional Info & Requirements

Alamosa High School Library Paraprofessional Qualifications 1. High School Diploma or G.E.D. minimum 2. Two years clerical experience, minimum 3. Demonstrated computer skills to include word processors, databases, and spreadsheets. 4. Good interpersonal skills and ability to be service-oriented to high school age students and high school teachers.

The Community

The San Luis Valley The San Luis Valley is located in south central Colorado, 100 miles south west of Pueblo, and less than 40 miles from the New Mexico border. The area is rich in ethnic, religious, philosophical and economic diversity. However, it is geographically isolated by mountain ranges to the north, east and west. This results in limited access to major urban areas and the technology, information and culture that they offer. The economy of the San Luis Valley is primarily based on agriculture. Alamosa Alamosa, a community of about 8,400 offers a quiet rural environment with many of the conveniences of a larger city. It is the retail trade center of one of the worlds’ largest high mountain valleys, the San Luis Valley. Alamosa is the home of Adams State College, a 2,500 student four-year comprehensive liberal arts college. Alamosa is also home to Trinidad State Junior College, a two year college which offers a large variety of courses. Community recreation programs are offered through the City of Alamosa. Remnants of the area’s colorful past still remain. The oldest church in Colorado is found in Conejos, about 30 miles away. One of the few remaining narrow gauge railroads, the Cumbres and Toltec, still uses steam engine locomotion to transport passengers from Antonito, Colorado across the scenic Cumbres Pass in Chama, New Mexico. The surrounding San Juan and Sangre de Cristo mountains offer opportunities for hunting, fishing, skiing, hiking, and camping. The Great Sand Dunes National Monument, about 35 miles away, is a favorite place for hikers, photographers, and nature lovers. Alamosa also has a championship 18 hole golf course. The Alamosa School District With a student population of 2,281 and an employment base of 280, the Alamosa School District is the largest of fourteen rural districts that comprise the K-12 public school system in the San Luis Valley. According to the 2000 Census, Alamosa has almost twice as many unemployed people as the average for the State of Colorado. The median household income is at least $12,000 less than the State average. Over 68% of elementary students in Alamosa qualify for free and reduced lunches. Of the 2,281 students attending the Alamosa Schools, 1,122 students receive free lunches, while 251 students get reduced lunches.Less than 1% of the students are American Indian, Asian, and Black, 60% are Hispanic, and the other 40% of the students are Caucasian.
Posted Jun 21, 2007