The Howard B. Waltz Music Library supports the teaching and research of students, faculty, and staff in music and the performing arts on campus. This is accomplished through multifaceted collections, services, and spaces. In this role, you will manage the daily operations and services of the library, located within the College of Music building.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be:
Daily Operations Manager
- Ensure effective operations during posted library hours
- Conduct collections and stacks maintenance
- Liase between Libraries Facilities and the Building Proctor on all facilities related issues
- Serve as the primary liaison to custodial staff
- Collect and analyze data related to patrons, collections, and services
- Serve as the primary liaison to Libraries and campus Information Technology departments on all Provide research assistance to patrons and monitor the Music Library email account
- Represent the Music Library on the Libraries Service Points Working Group and in other service capacities as appropriate
Work collaboratively with Music Library staff on joint projects
Supervision of Student Assistants
- Lead a team of 12-15 student employees who draw from a diverse pool across campus
- Interview, train, and evaluate student employees
- Assign duties and tasks to support the mission and daily functioning of the Music Library
- Schedule employees to ensure continuous coverage of primary services
- Maintain and create policies and procedures documents
- Manage student wages budget and complete biweekly payroll
Additional Info & Requirements
What We Require:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years' relevant work experience in a library
- Additional coursework or an additional degree in Library and Information Sciences may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to 2 years' library work experience
What You Will Need:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Facility with technology
- Capable of managing competing demands and flexibly in responding to challenges
- Demonstrated ability to advocate for an environment of diversity, inclusion, and respect
What We Would Like You To Have
- Undergraduate degree in Music
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science
- Curiosity about, and ease with, new technologies
- Experience supervising student employees
The University of Colorado Boulder Libraries are a dynamic partner in creating, disseminating, and advancing scholarship. We inspire learning, research, and discovery by connecting knowledge, information, and people.
We are the heart of higher education, providing essential scholarly resources, user-centered services, and inclusive spaces to the University, local, and global communities.
Boulder Campus Human Resources
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by March 3, 2019 for consideration.
Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.