Do you deliver a high level of customer service? Do you want to create and present programming to library patrons? Are you inspired to provide dynamic leadership in children's programming, subject matter mentoring for staff, and proactive community outreach? If you are a dynamic, customer-focused, forward-thinking individual with an aptitude for technology who enjoys serving the public, then this Librarian position may be the job for you!
- Provides holistic library service and creates a positive, inviting atmosphere for all patrons.
- Handles the most difficult patron questions by utilizing complex research skills.
- Be a library ambassador by performing community outreach via classes, workshops, and programs both in the library and off site.
- Ensures equal access to all resources and materials, both physical and digital.
- Develops, promotes, and delivers creative, quality programming to meet community needs and interests.
- Be an educator who develops and provides library instruction and patron education individually and in groups.
- Collects, analyzes, and utilizes data to adjust programming.
- Evaluates and maintains the existing collection through weeding and transferring of materials.
- Be creative by producing enticing visual displays and special exhibits.
- Collaborates in the creation of content for the JCPL website and social media resources.
- Be a guide and resource to staff and volunteers by providing support in daily operations.
- Assumes the duties of the Person-In-Charge when scheduled or in the absence of the manager.
- Complies with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119 and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as, ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Must work days, some evenings and weekends, and holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent upon criminal history check and education verification.
** Please be aware: Due to increased security features added to many email providers, it is
possible that email correspondence sent from "govermentjobs.com" could be sent to your sp am
folder. We encourage applicants to regularly check their status on governmentjobs.com to see if
any updates (such as a request for an interview) might have been posted.
When completing an application on NeoGov, you should receive a confirma tion notice within a
few minutes of submitting your application. Again, please check your Bulk/Spam or Junk E-Ma il
folder in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, you can
then select the confirmation message and mark it Not Spam/Junk. This should allow for futur e
messages to get through to your inbox.
- A minimum of 1 year of library experience.
- Public library experience preferred.
- Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills.
- Computer and technology skills as appropriate for the position.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Shylee AckmanRecruitment Coordinator
Apply on Governmentjobs.com