Want to inspire people and make a difference in the community? Have a desire to engage patrons in literacy and lifelong learning? Apply for our Programming Librarian position at the Ladd Library.
This full-time, benefitted position will focus on engaging, interactive programming for all ages with a focus on technology, job skills, and intergenerational experiences. Areas of focus for the first year include:
- Create and implement Saturday Programming – to build usage on newly opened Saturday hours, develop and present programming every Saturday. These programs will vary in target audience – many/most being intended for intergenerational audiences, but selected programs also intended to attract specific audiences.
- Library-led Adult Programming – create an ongoing series of evening programs to attract adults of all ages to the Ladd Library for programs that range in topic beyond craft programs. Additionally, work with Opportunity Center partners to develop, provide, and/or support Workforce Development programming.
- Cohesive programming for Seniors – work with the multiple organizations holding programs at the Ladd Library that attract Seniors to ensure that additional programs offered will fit into an overall programming framework that provides a variety of offerings for patrons ages 55+ both in the library and in the community.
- Afterschool programming for School-Age children and Teens – build and maintain a relationship with patrons aged 5-18, and build an ongoing programming schedule to create a welcoming place for students to be after school.
- Expand Community Programming – work with current and new partners to provide programming in the Southwest quadrant of Cedar Rapids – specifically targeting people with barriers to accessing the library. Programs will be developed and presented in partnership with entire Programming Department.
Additional Info & Requirements
Scheduled hours: Tuesday, 9 am-6 pm; Wednesday, 9 am-6 pm (9 am-1 pm Downtown Library); Thursday, 11:45 am-8:15p; Friday, 8:45 am-5:15 pm; Saturday, 8:45 am-5:15 pm.
- Graduation from an American Library Association program with a Master’s Degree in Library Sciences; and;
- Six months to two year of similar or related experience –or-
- Six months to two years of customer service experience.
- Proficiency with a second Non-English language, preferred.
- Any applicable graduate degree or relevant work experiences that acts as a practice foundation to lead a top-tier library.
We are guided by our mission to connect people to information, experiences, and services that enhance their quality of life so our community can learn, enjoy, and thrive.
Cedar Rapids is a vibrant city, encompassing unique attractions, exciting events, specialty shopping, a dynamic art scene, and a large variety of restaurant and nightlife options. You’ll find that Cedar Rapids offers one of the best places to live, work and play in the Midwest.
City of Cedar Rapids, Human Resources Department: 319.286.5000.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and application to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cedarrapids/jobs/2453310/programming-librarian?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs