Cumberland County Public Library & Information Center
An employee in this position acts as primary assistant to the technical services manager; may regularly act as Person-in-Charge in absence of department manager. Responsible for overseeing the general workflow of the department's acquisitions and processing duties, tracking outstanding orders, and supervising, scheduling & training all Administrative Support Specialists in the department.
• Copy bibliographic records (various formats) from OCLC (Online Computer Library Center – a bibliographic repository for libraries around the world), apply locally established edits, assign Dewey Decimal classification number, and download into the library's ILS (Integrated Library System).
• Manage orders on various vendor websites and download the orders into the ILS. Create manual orders, merge duplicate bibliographic records, and create brief on-order bibliographic records in the ILS when appropriate. Resolve errors that occur when the order is downloaded. Communicate with vendors regarding direct orders and standing orders. Follow up to resolve problems that arise on any order type. Manage ordering of materials purchased with grant funds.
• Unpack and check shipments against the packing slips. Receive materials electronically as shipments are delivered. Create invoices for payment of materials received. Check new materials for defects and return defective materials following the vendor's established protocols. Reconcile paper and electronic invoices and submit to administration on a regular basis. Perform weeding and collection assessment at each branch on a regular basis.
• Oversee and coordinate the department's daily workflow; ensuring materials are received, invoiced, paid, processed and distributed in a timely manner. Train, supervise and evaluate supervisees' performances according to established library and county policy.
• Physically process the materials for use by staff and the public (labeling, taping, stamping, applying security devices, etc). Create item records in the ILS (bar codes, item classification, price, location, circulation parameters, etc.). Sort the materials for distribution to the appropriate library branch.
• Prepare monthly statistics using automated databases and spreadsheets. Run other reports as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Info & Requirements
Knowledge of Evergreen ILS preferred
Cumberland County, located in the heart of North Carolina, offers a mixture of cultural diversity and southern hospitality. In addition to a dynamic award-winning library system, Winner of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service, our area has a beautiful climate, cultural activities, dining and shopping, recreation, golf, and nightlife.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Cumberland County Human Resources Department, Reesa Eastman (910) 323-6101
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cumberlandcountync/default.cfm Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Contact Ms. Cathy Woods at (910) 483-7727 extension 1325, fax: (910) 486-5372, or e-mail: email@example.com or the Cumberland County Human Resources Department at (910) 678-7653; Library website: http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccplsite/