Under the mission of CDE, the position provides administrative and research support for staff from two offices in the State Library: Office of Networking and Resource Sharing (NRS) and Office of Library Research Service (LRS). Staff from both the offices includes two directors, five consultants, one system administrator, one web developer, one research analyst, one research assistant and other temporary staff as needed. The position also provides general administrative support for other State Library staff.
- Assist NRS and LRS offices with projects and duties as needed.Work within the State Library administrative team to ensure the NRS and LRS teams are well supported, included and informed of all Division activities.Provide administrative services, which require staying current on CDE policies and procedures, ensuring appropriate implementation of CDE processes for official functions, procurement, travel, print publications, answering CSL phones and email, courier, mail and other activities as needed.
- Manage and grow the Colorado Book Club Resource for participating public and school libraries within the state. This position maintains and updates the collection of loanable sets; actively acquires new content; weeds lesser used titles; promotes the service through biweekly blog posts to CVL and Libnet; maintains relationships with the participating library staff; packages, ships, and manages the returns of loaned items and the related courier service activities; maintains the online web presence for the service.
- This position is the main purchaser for the NRS and LRS offices, and also purchases general supplies for the State Library as a whole. Purchases include basic resources needed for ongoing interaction, including stationery and office supplies. The position will register NRS/LRS staff members for upcoming workshops and conferences and will ensure that registrations are completed in a timely fashion. The position is also the main liaison with IDS for large promotional purchase, as well as IMS to gain approval for technology purchases.
- Maintains the online/electronic records archive for all NRS activity including Statement of Work and Contracts for services and vendor relationships, as well as information regarding billing portals at hosting companies and CDE, required documentation. Keeps purchasing card information up to date for annual/monthly automatic renewals, and maintains spreadsheets of ongoing NRS unit expenditure.
- Provide support for NRS/LRS office staff interaction via conferences, meetings, and workshops. Tasks include creating meeting requests, securing meeting rooms and facilities, arranging equipment checkouts, designing and creating handouts and promotional materials, purchase registrations, process reimbursements, minutes and note taking, and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Info & Requirements
Note: Current and former employees (transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements) if applying are required to participate in the comparative analysis process.
Colorado Revised Statutes require that state employees hired and promoted through a comparative analysis. The comparative analysis for this position will include a structured review of your application materials and responses to any supplemental questions. The comparative analysis process may also consist of Telephone Screening, Oral Assessment, Written Assessment, Online Assessment, etc. Candidates who most closely meet the job requirements will move through successive stages of the process.
Conditions of Employment:
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted as part of the selection process.
Former employees of the State of Colorado MUST have concluded employment in good standing to be eligible for rehire.
You MUST be a Colorado resident to apply for this position.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement by phone or email at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodations needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Three years of general clerical experience with at least twelve (12) months of experience in project coordination such as logistics, organizing, scheduling, managing, and tracking activities.
Bachelor's degree in business administration may substitute for general clerical experience but not for project coordination and research.
- Passion for libraries, learning, and literacy for all.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating events, such as conferences or workshops.
- Demonstrated experience with Google Applications, such as Google Docs.
- Experience with web content editing.
- Experience with design of print and/or online materials.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to prioritize among multiple project demands.
- Attention to detail, consistency, and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Office Suite
About the Colorado Department of Education
Through setting a clear vision for increasing student performance, CDE continually supports the advancement and improvement of the state's education system to prepare all learners for success in a rapidly changing global workplace.
All students in Colorado will become educated and productive citizens capable of succeeding in society, the workforce, and life.
The mission of the Colorado Department of Education is to ensure that all students are prepared for success in society, work, and life by providing excellent leadership, service, and support to schools, districts, and communities across the state.
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION:
Only complete applications submitted by the closing date for this announcement will be give consideration. Failure to submit properly completed documents by the closing date of this announcement will result in your application being rejected.
Applicants MUST submit a resume, cover letter/letter of interest detailing how their experience and background address the stated minimum and preferred qualifications/competencies of the job and attach to the online application. Applications left blank or marked "See Resume" will not be accepted.
Complete Applications must include the following documents:
- A complete online application.
- A cover letter with a written narrative.The written narrative should describe your interest in this position and specifically how your education, abilities, skills and experience relate to the requirements, responsibilities and competencies listed in the job announcement.
- A resume (attach to your online application).
- A complete Supplemental Questionnaire (Submit online as a part of your application).
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT:
LIBRARY PROGRAM SUPPORT #615
THE STATE OF COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.