Mitchell Memorial Library
Mississippi State University
We invite you to join the Mississippi State University Libraries as the Assistant Professor/Instruction and Distance Education Librarian and become part of a team of energetic and collaborative research services librarians. This is an entry level, tenure track position that reports to the Associate Dean of Public Services.
A complete job description and application can be found at: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/cw/en-us/job/498702/assistant-professor
Additional Info & Requirements
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
- Experience with providing library or course-related instruction
- Familiarity with ACRL’s information literacy framework
- Familiarity with virtual reference software and learning management systems
- Strong organizational skills as well as effective interpersonal, collegial and communication/presentation skills (both oral and written)
- Experience in maintaining effective working relationships in a complex and rapidly changing environment, and able to accept new challenges in order to realize departmental and library goals
- Commitment to professional development
- Demonstrated potential for meeting the requirements for Promotion and Tenure
A premier research university with a student body of over 20,000, Mississippi State University is located in historic Starkville, Mississippi (https://www.starkville.org/visit/) with all the conveniences and amenities of a college town. Mississippi State University is a land-grant research university that has received the Carnegie Foundation’s highest research designation as a “Very High Research Activity” doctoral university. For the second year in a row, Mississippi State University has earned recognition as a “Great College to Work For” from the Chronicle of Higher Education.
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and curriculum vitae.