The Kraemer Family Library at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs seeks an enthusiastic, innovative, and collaborative instruction librarian to help support and develop the library instruction program through the application of information literacy standards, instructional technologies, pedagogies, and assessment. This non-tenure track position will start at the rank of instructor. Recent graduates from an ALA accredited library school are encouraged to apply.
This full-time (12-month) non-tenure track position begins on or before September 1, 2019.
Information about The Kraemer Family Library's Sustainability Plan can be found here.
Information about The Kraemer Family Library's Diversity and Inclusiveness Plan can be found here.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $47,000 depending on qualifications.
- The Instructor/Instruction Librarian is required to:
- Provide face-to-face instruction for the UCCS Writing Program, Gateway Program Seminar, and library workshops.
- Provide reference service 6-12 hours weekly, including nights and weekends.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of online learning materials.
- Assist with assessment of library instruction and research assistance activities.
- Serve as liaison to one of more academic units, providing collection development, library instruction and research assistance.
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures, and goals for Instructional and Research Services and the Library.
- Serve on the library committees, submit reports, and undertake special projects as specified by the Director of Instructional and Research Services or the Dean of the Library.
- Serves on appointed library, campus, and university committees.
Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library school
- Experience/coursework in library instruction and reference services.
- Experience with emerging technologies in the library environment.
- Experience in an academic library
- Experience with graphic and video design software, and other multimedia tools.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work successfully with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn and apply emerging trends and technologies in library instruction and reference service.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by June 21, 2019 will receive full consideration. Questions may be directed to Norah Mazel email@example.com. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers (Job ID: 16420) and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. Unofficial transcript(s)
Instructor/Instruction Librarian - 16420
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40090 - AA-Library Operations
Posting Date: May 16, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Norah Mazel
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00422404
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 10,500 undergraduate and 1,900 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report and has earned recognition as one of the “Great Colleges to Work For” in 2018 by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Colorado Springs, (pop. 500K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S. Located 70 miles south of Denver, Colorado Springs offers a wide variety of leisure and educational activities including sports, parks, symphony, local theater groups, museums, and several institutions of higher education.
To learn more, visit: http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness/new-employee
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, educational verification, and, when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.