Provides library and information services to Terumo BCT associates in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Provides research and reference services to the Corporation in person, via telephone or e-mail and by utilizing the necessary tools and resources.
- Selects and maintains a data repository to meet the information and Business intelligence function needs of the company.
- Evaluates and recommends state of the art capabilities to gather and disseminate information.
- Plans the annual budget and ensures the Library operates within its parameters.
- Initiates, takes ownership of, and maintains networks with other libraries.
- Oversees and implements the development, cataloguing, shelving and purging of the Library collection.
- Develops metrics, tracks and evaluates user activity and plans, recommends, and implements new services, procedures and process improvements as needed.
- Tracks and analyzes social and mainstream media activity for Terumo BCT, relevant competitors and key topics
- Provides analytical support as needed.
- Maintains and updates processes to promote Business Intelligence services.
- Oversees the administration of the competitive & marketing intelligence portal, directing the work of our supplier.
- Responsible for copyright compliance.
Additional Info & Requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Library Science or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered. Masters in Library Science, preferred.
Minimum 7 years experience in a medical, technical or other special library environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and capability in Library administration and in research. Techniques include literature searching, classification and cataloguing, acquisitions, interlibrary borrowing/lending, the Internet including online databases and other technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the United States Copyright Law and experience in copyright compliance procedures.
- Strong orientation for customer service.
- Experience in a corporate or a special library is required.
- Experience in leading and mentoring other professionals.
- Experience in preparing and adhering to an annual budget.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
- Knowledge of medical and engineering terminology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including the ability to provide insightful analysis of specific databases as needed,
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.