Are you passionate about providing outstanding customer service for our organization and community? Do you want to deliver innovative library services and programming to a vibrant and engaged community? Are you excited about joining a team that consistently lives up to the library's vision of being a place where all generations connect, discover, and create? If you are ready to contribute to the Library's success, then this position may be the job for you!
We have 1 fulltime, bilingual (English/Spanish) position open at the Columbine Library.
- Routinely provide direct customer service in a fast paced environment.
- Be an information and referral resource to patrons by communicating in person, by phone, mail and via electronic means. Includes providing reader's advisory assistance.
- Locate materials through the use of electronic databases in JCPL, other library systems, or other sources.
- Refer patrons to community resources and other appropriate resources for further information as necessary.
- Be a researcher performing simple to moderately complex research activities; advise patrons on appropriate materials to read, watch and listen to.
- Constantly use new technology to support your work and help patrons with new software, hardware and mobile devices; may create content for the web or social media.
- Address and resolve complaints from patrons or forward to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Be a team player in the development and maintenance of instructional tools, databases and reader's advisory materials.
- Promote and present programs, classes, and workshops both in the library and off site - this role provides Cuentacuentos, storytimes in Spanish. May include services to specific market segments (Children, Adults, Seniors).
- Conduct library tours and community outreach.
- Be an educator who provides library instruction and patron education to the public, individually and in groups. Suggest program needs.
- Contribute to the care of the existing library collection by recommending and weeding of materials.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Must be available to work days, some evenings, alternating weekends, and holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check, education verification and English/Spanish language fluency testing.
- Minimum of one year direct customer service experience preferred.
- Basic computer and technical skills appropriate for the position.
- Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills.
- Some public library experience preferred
- Bilingual speaking, reading and writing skills in English/Spanish required.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
External Job Ad
Human Resources / Job Listings
Recruitment Coordinator | ERD/HR/Payroll, Admin Bldg
Apply on GovernmentJobs.com here