Job title: Help Desk Technician: part customer service, part technology troubleshooting, part gadget guru
Business Unit: Information Technology
Pay range: $16 - $18.40 per hour
Job Type: Part-time; non-exempt
You are the friendly face of IT that staff sees helping fix IT issues on the branch floor. You understand the importance of keeping things running smoothly and troubleshooting problems to allow branch staff to be successful. You are a partner with the front line, working together to ensure our customers have frustration-free technology experiences. You have a perfect synergy of a love for technology and a love of people.
Ready to join in a bold opportunity to help us take community library services to an entirely new dynamic realm?
Who you are:
- Technology is your thing; you love gadgets and tinkering with anything technical.
- You are warm and friendly, and you just like helping people.
- You’re outgoing – you love letting people know what’s new and happening.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You understand that collaboration is essential for innovation and that staff are also your customers.
- You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
A position you’ll love:
- You are part of the technology troubleshooting squad, making branch visits to help answer staff questions and solve their workstation problems. You troubleshoot, analyze and solve Windows and Mac-based computer issues using a variety of systems management tools and techniques.
- You are a wizard at multitasking and stay calm under pressure. You can address help desk requests with limited direction.
- You are customer focused; you have a warm way about you that puts staff at ease. You have a genuine desire to help people with their technology issues.
- You have strong organizational skills; you work well with a plan and can assist in developing and tracking projects and assigned tasks.
- You are a good communicator, providing your manager, co-workers and customers with regular updates on projects and/or assigned task status.
- You understand technology. You lend a hand in coordinating hardware/software, installation and upgrades.
- You are a genius at performing workstation maintenance, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software and imaging tools.
- You are an explorer of solutions, solving problems and finding the best way to meet staff needs quickly and efficiently.
- You perform other tasks for the IT department as needed.
- You participate in the creation of department workstation standards, maintenance procedures and operations procedures.
- You train users on standard software and operations.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
- High School degree with some college preferred.
- A+ Certification is preferred.
- Computer experience, including Windows-based computers operating in a networked environment, desktop applications (MS Office), and use of systems management tools for workstation problem-solving and maintenance preferred.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license and use of personal vehicle (mileage reimbursed).
- Possession of and use of personal cell phone (usage reimbursed).
Additional Info & Requirements
Your job will involve your being “on the move” in our libraries: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and each other
Passion for our product
Eagerness to learn
Everyone is creative
Optimistic attitude – we believe that anything is possible
Why Anythink Libraries? A job with Anythink is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in helping our customers’ access technology, whether they’re sitting by the fireplace with a laptop, surfing the Internet, gaming in the teen room or learning something new at one of our many intriguing programs. Your vision for emerging technology will help pave the way for the future of libraries. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.
REMEMBER TO APPLY BY THE POSTING DEADLINE. For more information about this position and our library district, visit our website at https://anythinklibraries.applicantpro.com/jobs/