Job title: Payables Pro: part customer service, part numbers guru, part filing super star
Business Unit: Finance, Support Services
Pay range: $16.00 - $22.00 per hour DOE
Job Class: Full-time, non-exempt, benefited
Do you have the skills to pay the bills? You are a natural with numbers and enjoy the details that go along with working in a finance department – a pile of bills isn’t a task but an accounting adventure. You are a friendly, customer-service minded person with the organizational skills to tame the beast of paperwork that goes along with this finance role.
Ready to join in a bold opportunity to help us take community library services to an entirely new dynamic realm?
Who you are:
- You are warm and friendly, and you just like helping people.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and keep things in tip-top order.
- You’re a natural with numbers, and have a marvelous memory for details.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You’re a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
A position you’ll love:
- You are part of the Finance team for the District, supporting our staff and vendors with their accounting needs.
- You are the owner of the billing relationship with our vendors; you follow the invoice from the time it gets submitted to you to filing the payment confirmation. You maintain the statements from vendors and reconcile them to the library district activity.
- You have a keen eye for evaluating invoices and you know what to look for in reconciling these bills. You work with managers and vendors on questions and problems that may arise.
- You have a curious mind and love a good mystery. You find digging into invoice discrepancies an adventure and enjoy working with the correct parties to ensure correct payment is made on the invoices received.
- You are a genius when it comes to managing vendor files. You keep files up to date with pertinent information and are a whiz at maintaining the terms of vendor contracts.
- You process invoices with grace and ease. You work with the invoice through the entire process from matching the purchase orders/packing slips to the invoice, coding it to the proper account, obtaining proper approvals, and inputting/posting to accounts payable system. You feel the satisfaction of cutting the invoice checks and popping them in the mail.
- You are a wizard at statistical reporting. You can make all the important points of data come to life in an easy-to-understand statistical dashboard, keeping our staff aware of trends and stats to help inform how we manage our libraries. You will prepare reports for statistical benchmarks.
- You are the key holder, entrusted with the keys to the safe. You prepare and make bank deposits and handle petty cash, including totals and reconciliation of incoming cash from the branches.
- You are the backup to the Finance Manager when needed to prepare various department head budget to actual reports and other reports as needed.
- You love working with data, inputting it into our computerized accounting system, databases and spreadsheets. Macros don’t scare you.
- You enjoy being involved in purchasing research and issuing of purchase orders.
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills with staff, vendors, customers and district leadership.
- You are the back up to our meeting room manager, editing reservations, assisting staff and customers with their reservations, questions and payments.
- You are an explorer of efficiencies, maintaining our electronic records retention/management system for financial records.
- You are brilliant at preparing and reconciling the annual 1099s.
- You are comfortable with computers; you can navigate Microsoft Office products and are comfortable jumping in and learning accounting software to manage our accounts receivable.
- You are there to lend a hand if needed for other projects.
- You have great ideas to share on district committees.
- You are a lifelong learner, enjoying your journey of professional development.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
- High school degree, some college preferred
- Three years of accounting department experience, including accounts receivable responsibilities.
- Computer literacy with MS Office proficiency; knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software preferred
Additional Info & Requirements
Your job will involve your being “on the move” in our libraries: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and each other
Passion for our product
Eagerness to learn
Everyone is creative
Optimistic attitude – we believe that anything is possible
Why Anythink? A job with Anythink libraries is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in helping keep our District running smoothly through supporting our Anythink team and partnerships with vendors. You assist in keeping our financial department in compliance and the flow of money staying within budget. As you help and inspire others, you will also be inspired. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.
External Job Ad