Being successful in this job requires that you guide teams of thoughtful, professional and spirited people through these essential functions:
Strategy and Planning:
- Works with executive director and leadership teams to develop and implement an integrated, efficient strategic planning process.
- Assesses and plans for organization growth in line with strategic purpose.
- Oversees efforts to assess community needs and interests as well as development of internal and external databases and reports.
- Identifies and builds strategic capacity at key points in the organization.
- Oversees efforts to collect, organize, validate and make available data from a variety of sources.
- Ensures metrics and evaluation tools are used to demonstrate effectiveness and impact of JCPL programs and projects.
Finance and Budgeting:
- Directs and oversees long-range financial planning and budgeting.
- Ensures establishment of standards for financial reporting and internal audits in accordance with generally accepted principles of accounting and management.
- Oversees finance operations including accounting, procurement, contracts, financial risk and asset management.
- Assists executive director with allocation of resources to effectively deliver on organizational strategy.
- Establishes communication strategies that further the mission and goals of JCPL and ensures communication to key constituencies.
- Oversees brand and messaging platform; assures organizational strategy is synthesized in a concise and easy-to-communicate way.
- Establishes, develops and maintains strong relationships with government, education, corporate and non-profit entities in an effort to make JCPL a key partner in the civic life of Jefferson County residents.
- Consults with Library's Executive Team and staff to plan, design, implement and evaluate strategic partnerships and collective impact initiatives undertaken to advance shared community goals, participate in community building initiatives, and coordinate volunteerism.
- Directs and oversees establishment and maintenance of relationship with local and national media and press outlets.
- Directs JCPL's social networking presence and policies; and makes decisions on release of information in compliance with laws governing patron confidentiality.
Management and Supervision:
- Provides supervision for staff in the areas of strategy, community engagement, budget and finance, data and project management, and volunteerism.
For a full list of duties and job requirements, please see the CS Strategy Engagement Director Job Description.
Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Master's Degree in business, public administration, communications, library science or equivalent education and work experience.
- MBA, MPA or MLIS preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible management experience in strategy, communications, or budgeting, including direct supervision of professional staff.
- Advanced communication skills with ability to effectively address various audiences, from staff to residents to county officials.
- Skilled in applying theories of data to strategy, planning, and resource allocation.
- Advanced skills in applying theories of strategy, budget, and finance to create results.
- Strong technology skills preferred.
- Must possess valid driver's license by hire date. Position requires valid Colorado driver's license within thirty days of hire date.
- Previous applicants for this position may reapply.
- Ability to be available in on call 24/7 crisis situations; may work some evenings, weekend and holidays.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check, education verification and Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Relocation assistance is available.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
External Job Ad
Employee Relations Manager