Are you looking for the next leadership step in your library career? Be part of a transformational library committed to connecting the community to new and creative resources in meaningful ways.
This full time Assistant Director position:
- Plans and oversees all public service elements and day-to day operations for the district
- Acts in place of the Library Director in the Director's absence
- Contributes to the administration of services by assisting with coordinating, overseeing, planning and evaluating major library services, public-facing departments, administrative functions, and library policies
- Directly supervises Managers of MLD’s public-facing department
- Is an effective and active advocate for the library in the media and community
- Oversees and assists with budgets and expenditures, performing planning and evaluation, and conducting studies and reports
Benefits: Eligible for a competitive benefits package including generous paid time-off and 100% employer paid monthly health insurance premium for employee Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with the option to add dependents and spouse at reasonable, low cost rates. For a full description of the benefits associated with this position, download the PDF here.
Why Idaho? Meridian, Idaho is a great and safe place to raise a family and has easy access to a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Meridian Library District is a 2019 recipient of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Human Resources Department
Phone: 208-472-1754 or TXT 208-789-0969