DEFINITION: Responsible for overseeing programs and services to teens.
· Organize and implement services for the library’s teen customers, including teen-focused programs and the Teen Advisory board (TAB)
· Oversee recruitment and training of TAB volunteers (in conjunction with the library Volunteer Coordinator)
· Oversee the purchase of teen materials
· Manage the teen program budget
· Create displays for the Teen Zone
· Promote the Teen Advisory Board and its activities in the community via social media and other means
· Establish and maintain collaborations beneficial to both teen library services/programs and the community
· Keep library staff informed of teen issues and activities
· Participate in the public service desk rotation, as required
· Manage portions of the acquisitions budget as assigned, and monitor collections to ensure they are current, accurate, and relevant
· Keep abreast of current trends in the field through participation in user groups and attendance at conferences, workshops and meetings.
· Participate in work committees and teams.
· Perform related work as required and assigned.
Additional Info & Requirements
Please apply online at our website: www.cityoflafayette.com/jobs
Lafayette's panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains inspires our view into the future. We value our heritage, our unique neighborhoods, a vibrant economy, and active lifestyles. We envision a future that mixes small town livability with balanced growth and superior City services.
Complete City of Lafayette application prior to application deadline
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources consider applications only for current job openings. A separate completed application is required for each position in which you are interested. A resume without an application will not be considered. It is the policy of the City of Lafayette not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, national origin or disability, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification. The City of Lafayette will consider reasonable accommodations for employment to qualified applicants upon request to the Human Resources Division.
City Application Required, Obtain and Submit Application to Human Resources Office, 1290 S. Public Road, Lafayette, CO 80026 or on-line at www.cityoflafayette.com/jobs