Arapahoe Library District
Mobile Library Services, Koelbel Library and various Mobile Library service locations
Do you have the soul of a librarian, the heart of an activist, and the mind of an educator? Look no further than our special library. Our team makes meaningful contributions every day. In fact, over 80% of our patrons check out reading materials each week!
Our library specialists do it all - collection development, research and more! Perhaps you are looking for opportunities to use your skills and talents as a library professional creatively, ethically, and enthusiastically! Consider working with us to launch or enhance a great career in librarianship.
Role: Assists patrons in the use of the library by delivering outstanding and personalized service at remote locations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
55% PATRON ASSISTANCE
- Greets patrons and provides proactive assistance
- Provides personalized advisory services to patrons
- Assists patrons with library account maintenance (check out, placing holds, fines)
- Helps patrons with general reference and tech assistance
- Provides handoff to various other specialists when appropriate
- Promotes library services, programs and offerings
20% MATERIAL PROCESSING
- Processes materials
- Loads and unloads book carts and boxes and verifies locations
- Assists in merchandising to maintain an attractive, current and accessible collection
15% DRIVING AND VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
- Obtains and maintains Commercial Driver’s License - Note: Arapahoe Library District will provide the training and certifications post job offer
- Drives the bookmobile to service sites for fueling, checks vehicle for safety and serviceability, maintains surface appearance and completes inspection checklists
- Safely operates the vehicle and observes traffic regulations
10% PROGRAM DELIVERY
- Prepare and deliver story time in an engaging manner according to district’s Storytime competencies.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Two to five years of similar or related experience, preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record, required.
- Current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), or valid driver’s license and ability to obtain a CDL within six weeks of hire, required.
Note: Arapahoe Library District will provide the training and certifications post job offer
- Experience driving large sized, non-standard vehicles, preferred.
- Ability to work with varying demographics, including international cultures, required.
- Ability to successfully pass post-offer physical and drug screens for CDL maintenance, required.
- Ability to work in a confined environment with fluctuating temperatures, required
- Fluency in English language, required; fluency in conversational Spanish language, preferred.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including evenings and weekends, required.
- Knowledge of informational databases, preferred.
- Intermediate technology skills for Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook, required.
- Intermediate skills in Sierra, preferred.
- Ability to be mobile 100% of the time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, and push a loaded wheeled book truck weighing up to 100 pounds and ability to lift up to 35 pounds unassisted, regularly and up to 50 pounds assisted occasionally required.
- Ability to focus on the customer, show integrity, be inclusive, enjoy learning and have fun.
- Ability to exercise confidence and excitement in the vast technological and online resources the Library District has available.
- Ability to provide intermediate advisory services to patrons in all collection formats and genres, and advanced advisory services in one area of choice.
- Passionate about the mission of public libraries.
- Comfortable with the principles of intellectual freedom.
Ability to adhere to ALD's Core Competencies including dedication to providing courageous leadership, outstanding customer service, professionalism, communication, adaptability, accountability, delivering very important patron experiences, surprise and delight, making every experience matter, and striving for simplicity.
- Recognizes and acts by giving positive respect, responses, and support to all.
- Committed to provide outstanding and personalized customer service to patrons, coworkers and customers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, and gain their trust and respect.
- Display professionalism in dress and demeanor, both internally and externally.
- Respond to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways.
- Ability to hold themselves responsible in all work assignments and interactions.
- Take personal ownership in the organizations success.
- Ability to clearly convey and receive information and ideas through a variety of formats and communicate to others in a manner that engages the listener.
Inclusion and diversity are part of our values at Arapahoe Libraries. Qualified applicants who represent the diversities of the communities we serve are encouraged to apply.
Established in 1966, the Arapahoe Library District serves more than 200,000 residents living in Arapahoe County. Arapahoe County and other major suburban counties make up the greater metropolitan area surrounding Denver, Colorado. The Arapahoe Library District operates eight branch libraries, including mobile library services, and a library at the County Detention Center. A seven-member Board of Trustees sets the library budget and determines policy.
APPLY ONLINE at http://arapahoelibraries.applicantpro.com/jobs/ and select the position you are interested in. Click on “Apply Now” and create a login that will allow you to submit interest for any open position. You may also attach a resume.