Chester Fritz Librar Univ. of North Dakota
Grand Forks North Dakota
As the Scholarly Communication and Social Sciences Librarian, you will be a key person on campus fostering trends and education in scholarly publishing, open educational resources, and open access. You will also be collaborating with the digital initiatives librarian on our institutional repository, the UND Scholarly Commons, which is one of the most active on the Digital Commons platform. As the social sciences liaison, you will assist social science departments with research, instruction, and collection development.
Additional Info & Requirements
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Act as Scholarly Communications Campus Liaison
- Provide reference and research services
- Responsible for collection development and management for assigned social science areas of the collection as well as the general reference collection
- Participation in Library's information literacy instruction program
- Instruct classes in research techniques as requested by academic departments in assigned subject areas of specialization
- Participate in meetings, conferences, workshops, or webinars, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally as appropriate.
- Strong communication skills, planning, problem solving, ability to work well with students, faculty and staff.
- Strong commitment to customer best practices.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Graduate master's degree from an American Library Association accredited program.
- One year of relevant work experience in an academic or research library
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook, Integrated Library systems, research databases.
- Provide three (3) references
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Experience with and knowledge of scholarly communication and publishing
- Experience providing reference services.
- Degree or coursework in the social sciences.
- Experience in instruction in an academic or research library.
- Experience in collection development.
UND is a mid-size, high-activity research university where the library is an integral part of growing and expanding the university’s research enterprise while strongly supporting the research activities of students and faculty. In 2017, UND was named among the “Most Innovative” institutions of higher education by US News & World Report, and in 2018, the UND Libraries were named “Most Innovative” by the 12-state Mountain Plains Library Association. Our award winning OER program has saved our students over $8.4 million. The library is well into a major $15 million renovation and is centrally located on UND’s campus.
External Job Ad