Jefferson County Public Library
Are you passionate about providing outstanding customer service for our organization and community? Do you want to deliver innovative library services and programming to a vibrant and engaged community? Are you excited about joining a team that consistently lives up to the library's vision of being a place where all generations connect, discover, and create? If you are ready to contribute to the Library's success, then this may be the job for you!
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexibility to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more about Employee Benefits!
Watch a video about the Library's role in the community! (right click the link, open in a new tab)
The Standley Lake Library sits at the northern end of Jefferson County. It is surrounded by quiet neighborhoods and is steps away from Standley Lake. It is accessible by an RTD bus line and provides ample parking for our patrons.
- Routinely provide direct customer service in a fast paced environment.
- Be an information and referral resource to patrons by communicating in person, by phone, mail and via electronic means. Includes providing reader's advisory assistance.
- Locate materials through the use of electronic databases in JCPL, other library systems, or other sources.
- Refer patrons to community resources and other appropriate resources for further information as necessary.
- Be a researcher performing simple to moderately complex research activities; advise patrons on appropriate materials to read, watch and listen to.
- Constantly use new technology to support your work and help patrons with new software, hardware and mobile devices; may create content for the web or social media.
- Address and resolve complaints from patrons or forward to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Be a team player in the development and maintenance of instructional tools, databases and reader's advisory materials.
- Promote and present programs, classes, and workshops both in the library and off site to various market segments (Children, Teens, Adults, Seniors). Examples could include conducting toddler storytime or facilitating an adult book group.
- Conduct library tours and community outreach.
- Be an educator who provides library instruction and patron education to the public, individually and in groups. Suggest program needs.
- Contribute to the care of the existing library collection by recommending and weeding of materials.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Additional Info & Requirements
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
Minimum of one year direct customer service experience preferred.
Basic computer and technical skills appropriate for the position are required.
Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills are required.
Some public library experience preferred.
Must be able to work days, some evenings, weekends and minor holidays as needed.
Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check and education verification.
Part time positions can fill in extra substitute shifts up to 40 hours per week.
OUR PROMISEJefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Human Resources / Job Listings