Library Systems & Services (LS&S) is seeking a full time Librarian 2 - Adult Services Coordinator for the Medford Library in Medford, Oregon. The Librarian 2 -- Adult Services Coordinator is a senior level, full-time position. This Librarian provides professional assistance for Adult services to library patrons and staff and plans a variety of library programs. This position coordinates with staff across all 15 branches of Jackson County Library Services to provide quality Adult services and programming including Summer Reading Program.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, innovative thought-leader with a successful track record of implementing adult services programs; a confident individual who is adept at public speaking; and a connector who is comfortable being the public face of the library and spending a large portion of his or her time working out in the community, leading presentations, staffing outreach tables, promoting services, and cultivating new partnerships.
Jackson County is located in the lush southern Oregon region and offers residents a rich history, arts & culture, outdoor adventure, and fine dining. Area attractions include spectacular hiking and biking, the nationally designated “Wild and Scenic” Rogue River, the Tony Award-winning Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, more than 60 wineries, and dozens of concerts, featuring world-class artists in classical music, jazz, blues, folk, bluegrass, world, pop and country music: http://southernoregon.org/things-to-do.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Oversees the development of District-wide adult services program goals and directs the adult services librarians in the planning, coordinating, and administering of adult programs and outreach events on a local library and District level.
• Supervises Outreach staff, specifically in Outreach to Homebound and the Business Outreach Librarian.
• Supports the JCLS mission and vision in guiding the District’s fifteen libraries in creating and implementing a unified, District-wide approach to the delivery of adult library programs for all of its libraries.
• Assists staff with obtaining programming available from outside sources and collaborates with the Youth Services Coordinator in planning complementary Summer Reading programs.
• Serves as the liaison for adult-focused community outreach events, coordinating and participating at all offsite programming for all branches.
• Effectively collaborates with community partners and maintains a comprehensive database of all community organizations that organize outreach events.
• Responsible for coordinating staffing, communicating with the library’s Marketing team, and making all other necessary arrangements to attend outreach events with requisite materials to showcase library resources to the community.
• Participates in the selection, ordering, and deselection of library materials.
• Attends professional meetings and conferences to keep up with the latest trends and advances in the adult programming; maintains an awareness of new technologies.
• Serves as liaison with community groups and identifies and analyzes emerging community issues and needs to determine direction for outreach services; maintains professional affiliations; attends workshops and training sessions as appropriate.
• Communicates with supervisor, employees, volunteers, other departments, service providers, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
• Represents and advocates for Adult Services on the Public Services Team.
• Leads, coordinates and/or serves on various internal and external committees.
• Keeps staff informed of current topics and trends in library adult programs and evaluates potential programming options.
• Know and understand the American Library Association’s Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
• MLS or MLIS degree required
• Valid driver license
• Five years of supervisory experience
• Three years of Adult Services and programming experience
• Knowledge of and previous use of library databases and services including materials selection tools
• Ability to research and use a wide variety of library databases
• Proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Multilingual speaking a plus
• Ability to work in a self-directed environment with minimal guidance
• Good organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
• Able to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, evenings and weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer: AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Join Library Systems & Services (LS&S) and enjoy the flexibility, support, and values that come with being part of the nation’s third largest library network. In our unique company, you will find an abundance of opportunities and satisfaction as you:
* Join a caring community of people who love libraries
* Share insights with highly credible library professionals, many with MLIS degrees
* Become a trusted partner to our libraries communities
* Effect positive change for libraries and library science
Being a library professional is a way of life – so we believe in making our employees’ lives as rewarding as possible. Some of the programs we offer our employees include:
* Loan Forgiveness Program for degreed MLS & MLIS employees
*Medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition reimbursement
* Short & long term disability coverage
*401K retirement plan
* Critical illness policy
* Dependent daycare plan
* Life insurance policies
LS&S is the premier and most respected provider of library management and data services to state and federal Government Agencies. We partner with our library clients to provide world class service and professional expertise; protecting their library investment. With a proven track record, we utilize a team approach - providing accountable, unique and responsive solutions to delight library users. With already over 80 locations across the United States, LS&S is on a rapid growth pattern with plans for expanding our business.
301-540-5100 ext 2223