This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service, maintains customer confidence and protects operational integrity by keeping information confidential, and provides support for a variety of special projects, committees, functions, and activities.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Associates degree and two years office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 net words per minute.
- Working knowledge of basic library resources.
- Must be highly proficient using all Microsoft Office and/or Google programs.
- Knowledge of recordkeeping principles and practices and ability to prepare records and reports.
- Ability to work independently, respect confidentiality, and to prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Aptitude to analyze and improve office procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written directions.
- Ability to work with and provide customer service for diverse populations (faculty, staff, students, and general public).
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and exercise sound judgement.
- Must project a positive professional image
- Administrative writing skills, reporting skills, scheduling, organization, time management, office equipment maintenance, travel logistics, and verbal communication skills.
- Library work experience.
Full time position with comprehensive or competitive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; holiday, personal, sick, and vacation leave; and a choice of retirement programs—IPER (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists and maintains supervisor’s appointment schedules by planning and scheduling meetings.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares and completes College, federal and state government records, reports, and surveys.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Ensures operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; arranging for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them in person or on the telephone and by answering or directing inquiries.
- Oversees correct distribution and disposition of notices, memoranda, directives, and related materials.
- Assists in monitoring budgets and prepares purchase orders.
- Prepares written responses to inquiries from staff and the general public for approval by the supervisor.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supervises student employees and/or coordinates volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operates integrated library system and other specialized library software.
- Completes all tasks for and oversees the circulation of library resources and the maintenance of an accurate patron database.
- Maintains and follows library manual of circulation procedures and practices.
- Issues overdue material notices and billing letters and maintains accurate records.
- Manages instructional reserve materials.
- Processes periodicals for circulation and assists with processing other library materials.
- Updates library procedure manuals.
- Directs students and staff to appropriate library resources or reference librarian.
- Oversees maintenance of library stacks and reading areas.
- Works as back-up for weekend and evening shifts, on rotation with other staff.
External Job Ad
- Complete online application at www.hawkeyecollege.edu/employment including a cover letter .
- Submit online application and all required materials by t