University of Colorado Boulder
CU Boulder University Libraries is seeking an energetic, creative, and forward-looking individual to provide strategic leadership for our digital infrastructure and applications. Most importantly, the Assistant Dean ensures that the technology portfolio of the University Libraries is responsive to the needs of students, faculty, staff and other stakeholders.
As a member of the Libraries senior leadership team, you will participate in shaping and communicating the Libraries’ overall strategic direction in support of our mission:
The University of Colorado Boulder Libraries mission is to be a knowledge catalyst. We spark inquiry, discovery, collaboration, creation, and the dissemination of knowledge. We welcome everyone, wherever they are on their educational journey.
Collaborating with the Office of Information Technology’s (OIT’s) Director of Business Analysis & Solution Architecture (BASA), and the dedicated OIT embedded library staff, you will ensure that the Libraries’ IT program is integrated with that of OIT, while maintaining support of the Libraries overall strategic plan. You will ensure technologies and services are fully integrated with areas such as research data and digital scholarship while working in concert with those providing these services. Collaboration will be key in ensuring that each unit within the Libraries is fully integrated into our overall operations.
As the Assistant Dean, you will advocate for our strong emphasis on diversity, equity, access, and inclusive excellence, especially as it relates to information technology. You will also ensure smooth communication between Libraries’ IT and all other departments, subject specialists, and library units. The Assistant Dean must have a solid understanding of digital strategy, information technology practices, and system architecture models along with an understanding of the evolving nature of technology to recommend innovative solutions and resource management practices for adoption by the Libraries.
As the primary digital/technology strategist, with supervision of five (5) staff and faculty and oversite of a hardware budget of $500K, you will provide direction and vision for library digital technologies, facilitating access, curation, dissemination, and preservation of digital scholarly content. You will seek opportunities for the development, enhancement, extension, and integration of library digital services across the University.
Finally, as the Assistant Dean, you will represent the Libraries in university-wide discussions about IT strategy, hold an ex-officio leadership role in the Libraries IT Governance Group, and participate in system, consortia, regional, and national meetings to stay abreast of library digital service trends and to represent the interests of the University and the Libraries.
Additional Info & Requirements
To be considered, please apply at: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Assistant-Dean-of-Digital-Strategy-Information-Technology-Services/22160
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide strategic direction and goal setting to OIT and other partners in accomplishing Libraries IT priorities. This will ensure we deliver technologies that support essential library functions, patron-facing services, and enable innovative teaching, learning, and research in the Libraries.
- Develop and support the embedded service practices between Office of Information Technology and University Libraries.
- Seek opportunities for the development, enhancement, extension, and integration of library digital services across the University.
- Foster professional development of staff to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing environment; actively supports a workplace culture that values and promotes a partnership and service philosophy.
- Foster partnerships with other University of Colorado Boulder and external constituencies in support of University Libraries mission.
- Advocate for and cultivate an environment that supports diversity, respect, and inclusion.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners on the development, delivery, and assessment of shared IT services and resources to align with Libraries and OIT goals.
- Stay current on, and react appropriately to, best practices, state of the art, and emerging technologies that support the Libraries’ vision.