University of Colorado Boulder
Are you interested in working on a cutting-edge project with Google?
The University of Colorado Boulder Libraries welcomes applications for a Materials Processing & Shipping Specialist. In this position, you will verify that materials being shipped from the Libraries meet the requirements of the Google Library Books project and are pulled and processed accurately. You'll ensure that the shipment deadlines for these materials are met and also provide delivery services by picking up and delivering materials from our branch libraries and the PASCAL offsite storage facility. You'll ensure accuracy and track down missing items in order to meet fulfillment and delivery requirements.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Google Project Pascal Tasks
- Move books from the shelving carts to the Google carts as they are delivered to PASCAL facility from the main campus.
- Pull books from the PASCAL stacks to ship to Google (pulling these materials involves being certified on and operating a forklift at PASCAL).
- Review books pulled from PASCAL for preservation issues (prior to shipment to Google). Check books out to the Google Project, creating item records in our Integrated Library System (ILS) for some materials prior to checking them out and shipping them to Google.
- Ensure that all deadlines for shipment of materials from Norlin (Main library) and PASCAL (offsite storage facility) meet the requirements of the Google Books project deadlines.
- Check books in upon their return from Google.
- Process materials into PASCAL, barcoding these items and updating them in our ILS (Sierra).
- Reshelving PASCAL books once returned.
- Print ILL and/or resends from ILLiad queue forwarded from Document Delivery staff. Load and deliver PASCAL items to and from the offsite facility, using University vehicle.
- Check-in PASCAL returns, pull materials from cubes (on some weekend days), scan requests.
- Print out any additional requests from ILLiad in a timely manner.
- Load materials from PASCAL, Prospector, and paging requests, etc. and drive them between branch libraries on campus.
- Pick up paged materials, requested Prospector items, and Interlibrary Loan materials, bringing them to Norlin to be placed on hold or shipped in a timely manner.
- Sort incoming branch items.
Additional Info & Requirements
To be fully considered, please apply at: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Google-Books-Project-Materials-Processing-Shipping-Specialist/22311