The Technical Services Department oversees the acquisition, cataloging, metadata, collections analysis, maintenance, and access to all of Auraria Library’s collections and resources. This position will have the opportunity to learn about Technical Services workflows and best practices, while working in a professional library environment.
- Prepare & send periodicals to the bindery.
- Receive & process items returned from the bindery.
- Check-in and process periodicals and standing orders.
- Record maintenance in the integrated library system (Sierra).
- Assist with collection management projects, such as microform inventory and retention pulls.
- Enrolled in at least one credit hour at a higher education institution.
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously.
- Experience using an integrated library system, including searching and identifying bibliographic, order, and check-in records.
- Currently enrolled in an ALA accredited graduate program in Library and Information Science.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to perform without direct supervision except for infrequent occasions involving the most complex situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Lorelle Gianelli, Serials & Stacks Manager
Schedule: 8 hours per week. Flexible Monday – Friday.
Application Deadline: November 29, 2019 or until filled.
Start Date: On or after December 9, 2019.
To apply, email a copy of your fall 2019 course schedule, work hours availability and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.