Loveland Public Library is looking for a Library Aide for their Adult Services department. The Adult Services team is providing innovative, customer centered service to a wide population. We are looking for a person who enriches lives through meaningful dialogue about the library’s products and services. You earn trust by being knowledgeable about our products and making recommendations that connect customers with information that includes their next great read or watch. We are looking for a team member who is ready to assist others as we create out of the box experiences for our patrons. If you find yourself saying yes and want to be part of this team, please apply at the City of Loveland.
The Library Aide in Adult Services performs departmental duties including circulating throughout the Adult Services area, responding to customer requests (in-person, phone, or email) for information or assistance, assisting patrons with downloads to their mobile devices, providing marketing support, and maintaining overall organization, appearance and cleanliness of the Adult Services area. Flexible schedule requires some evening & weekend hours. This position reports to the Adult Services Division Manager.
The salary range for this position is $14.81- $20.77 per hour with a hiring range of $14.88 - $17.79, depending on qualifications and experience.
Position will closes 12/6/19 at 4:30 P.M. M.S.T.
This is a 30 Hour per week position
Additional Info & Requirements
Benefits Package Includes:
- Wellness Clinic
- Medical Leave
- Wellness Program
- City of Loveland University
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Searches for, locates, and retrieves information/materials to answer questions posed in person, by phone, and by email.
- Explains to patrons the use of equipment and resources including the online catalog, databases, microfilm reader-printers, and copiers.
- Provides support, training, and troubleshooting for the library’s online resources and downloadables as it relates to e-readers, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- Provides education and support for the public and staff for library resources.
- Creates, updates, and distributes department’s marketing material.
- Assists with the management of the department’s social media platforms.
- Compiles monthly reports as directed.
- Creates book and special displays as directed.
- Assists with monthly book discussion groups.
- Processes and displays newspapers and magazines
- Maintains the overall appearance and cleanliness of the Adult Services area by assisting Material Handlers with shelving, shelf reading, and picking up lay around items.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Assists Librarians with programming and research, manages tax forms, supports Librarians with collection development including weeding and purchasing, search for and send genealogical and local history information as requested, index Loveland Daily Reporter-Herald, renews materials, updates patron records, and opens and closes division. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to perform job duties effectively during relaxed or stressed activity level within the department. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and best practices for use of electronic resources including, but not limited to, the Internet, databases, ebooks and other downloadable materials. Ability to learn new tasks and skills on the job. Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations. Ability to provide strong customer service to customers of all ages and backgrounds. Ability to positively inspire and energize customers about library services and materials. Ability to work independently, complete tasks on time and constructively problem solve. General knowledge of computer-based library systems. Working knowledge of Dewey Decimal system. Spanish language proficiency a plus.
Accountability, Collaboration, Service & courtesy and kindness, Innovation, Integrity, Safety
Job specific competencies:
Community Relations, Attention to Detail, Computer Software, Independence
Education and/or experience:
Two (2) years college coursework or Associates degree required. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year for year basis. One year library or closely related experience required; must be in addition to any experience used to satisfy the education requirement.
Licensure and/or certifications:
A City of Loveland application is required for consideration.